We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancellation

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cancellation

need help friend booked holiday in her name for sept 2014 £1004 how much will she get back booked online with[ booking .com ] payed full amount in may this year any idea how much they take off for cancellation still 17 weeks before due to travel ,

Rustington, West...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancellation

There should be a cancellation policy on their website and a help desk number, she might be lucky enough to get the full cost back?

Good luck

My Dad and all his family are from the old Renton road :) name Gunn ;)

Up the Ton :)

Edited: 12 June 2014, 12:51
UK
Level Contributor
132 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cancellation

It depends - some are free cancellation and some are not. Usually the free cancellation rooms are a little more when you book. She may be able to change her booking or keep it as a credit with booking .com. I would call rather than cancel on line

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancellation

When I booked with booking.com the money from my credit card went straight to the hotel and not the website,

I believe booking.com then get commission from the hotels so you may have to see if the hotel has a refund policy.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancellation

Hi I am going on 29 Nov booked with Booking.com I've just looked at my confirmation form lf l cancel before 27 Nov there ls no charge so l would hope you would get a full refund hope this helps

Sheffield
Level Contributor
403 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cancellation

Depending on the reason for cancelling if she can't get all of her money back would her insurance come into play?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cancellation

A lot of the price options on Booking.com are pay later which can be cancelled right up until the day before departure, but I don't get why the traveller doesn't know what they have booked.

Surely it's best to check the T&C instead of asking a bunch of people who can't know the relevant information.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,602 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cancellation

I couldn't agree more, Realdiver. It isn't something anyone else can help with, but the OP ought to be able to read it in B&W in the booking conditions. Very often on that site you see various prices depending on exactly whether you want to pay more for the option of being able to cancel. We don't know which box was ticked.

However, maybe the following would be useful:

Whenever you pay for a flight or a hotel by most bank's credit cards, there's automatic holiday insurance included. It's limited, but worth investigating if it looks like you'll lose the money otherwise.

A last resort would be to try to sell the booking onto someone else. There would presumably be charges to change the name but you may be able to recoup 50% or so.

8. Re: cancellation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste