We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Which Cala'n Blanes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Hi - just wondering if anyone can advise - should I book pre-arranged travel for 6 adults from Airport to Cala n Blanes (quoted £250 so far) or will taxi's be cheaper ?

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

hi Tia

is that for one way or return, ???

Manchester
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Hi return ; not sure of the usual rates or weather this is good ?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

With Poppycars, we have hired a vehicle for 6 adults plus a babyseat for our granddaughter, including everything, for £296 for a week, so have transport for when we want to visit other places on the Island. We have used them before and have had good service. Thoroughly recommend!.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Please state a date when travelling - looks expensive quote even for menorca to me

Edited: 14 April 2012, 07:36
suffolk
Level Contributor
789 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Any ideas how much the taxis are outside the airport to Santo Tomas in July. Any pre booked transfers have looked quite expensive.

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Patricia

Please see the Top Question on the main island forum for info on airport transfers and taxis ( there is one on public transport too). Per http://www.menorcaminorca.co.uk/ it is going to cost you about t€ 25 each way to Santo Tomas by taxi plus any chargeable extras like luggage etc. but have you considered hiring a car as that way you would have transports to and from the resort and all through the holiday?

Where are you staying exactly and do you have young children with you as taxis do not all have child seats

Edited: 14 April 2012, 13:50
suffolk
Level Contributor
789 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Thanks Menorcaregular. We are staying at the sol menorca hotel. No children with us just 2 adults. I had looked into hiring a car but thought they were expensive compared to other places in Spain/canary islands. The cheapest return private transfer I have been quoted is £90, so I think we will just jump into a taxi at the airport.

Manchester
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Many thanks - I'll look into this option.

Rgds

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

Manchester Tia,

There are not many 7 seater taxis available that can also carry the luggage so the taxi option might not be available - have you a quote form shuttle menorca?

10. Re: Taxi Fair v car hire - 6 adults ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2016, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Blanes
Recent Conversations