We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkling in Menorca

Kettering, England
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkling in Menorca

We are visiting Menorca on 30th May for the first time and are keen snorklers. We are staying in Calan Bosch, can anyone recommend any good locations where we can snorkle?

Thanks Lucy

Merseyside
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkling in Menorca

Hi Angel,

I will confirm with my OH when he gets in later as he loves to snorkel.We have been to pretty much most of the island and he snorkelled everywhere.I do know that when we were in cala n bosch we walked over to Son Xoriguer beach and he enjoyed it there.Most locations seem suitable due to being coves so lots of rocks to snorkel around.Do be carefull though as jelly fish can be a prob and he has been stung afew times especially in Arenal.If you want a bit more there is a really good dive school in cala n bosch which my family loved.Enjoy.xx

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkling in Menorca

There are two diving places in Cala Galdana, one outside the Sol Gavilanes (Sea Gypsy) and the other along past the Hotel Cala Galdana.

Sea Gypsy have now moved on apparently, and a new lot have taken over: www.blueislandsdiving.com/

I think they take you old to an old wreck off shore.

Kettering, England
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkling in Menorca

Thanks for the info.. really appreciate it. Lucy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkling in Menorca

Hi

We have just got back from Cala 'n Bosch and can agree that Son Xoriguer beach is good for snorkelling. We were gutted when we saw how clear the water was nd we hadn't bothered to take our masks! Lots of nice coves all along the coast, would imagine snorkelling is good everywhere, as long as there is safe access to the water.

5. Re: Snorkling in Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 05:33
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch