We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some help

Hampshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Need some help

Hi,

I have been looking for a holiday now for ages and I really need some help!! I really want to travel to Menorca I am looking for a really nice child friendly apt is a resort with a really nice beach... we wish to go self catering and I am not at all worried about kids clubs etc.... I am stuck on apts and also resort.... I need a nice resort with enough for te kids and also enough to eat out etc for 2 weeks not too busy with too many bars but not so dead there is nothing to do either..... sorry thats a lot to ask but I am stuck most places I have looked at has its faults but mainly I just cannot find a holiday for under 2500 which is far too much for us to spend...

any help or ideas would be fab many thanks emma

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,076 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some help

Unfortunately Menorca isn't the cheapest of the Balearics - are your children young enough for you not to be tied to school holidays as going one week earlier or later can make a big difference in price.

Re where to go - work your way through the resort pages on http://www.menorca-minorca.co.uk/index.htm and see if this narrows it down - my personal suggestions given your wish list are Cala Galdana or Cala N'Bosch. My base Santo Tomas is lovely ( great beach and no hills to push buggies up and down) but may be too quiet for you for 2 weeks but have a look at that too and see what you think.

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some help

Check out Galdana Gardens in Cala Galdana, on low cost holidays or travel republic. It's wonderful xx

Birmingham
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some help

Vista Picas, Cala n Forcat, Great place to stay with children. Going for the 2nd year on the trot very soon and may book again for later in the year.

stana1966
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some help

£2500 seems a bit expensive for June. Staying at the Vista Picas going on Fri 10th June 2011 for 2 weeks with good daytime flights from Gatwick is £1442 for a family of 4, this includes transfers too,

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,076 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some help

Exactly when are you trying to book for? I know that you have specified self catering accom but several people have suggested that this year a lot of hotels/aparthotels seem to be offering good All Inclusive deals. You really need to narrow down which resorts etc. you like to consider and which you would not.

If you have looked at the website that I gave the link to have you looked at Son Bou? It has a beautiful long beach ( with nudist section at the far end but you do not have to walk that far along) and seems to get good reviews from families the only thing is the location of specific accomodation as some of this isn't that close to the beach.

To find the location of hotels etc. on any of the resorts covered on the menorca information website link that I gave before look at the resort street.

Although the suggestions made for Cala N'Forcat are helpful it doesn't have a particularly great beach and is more "english" in feel than Cala N'Bosch or the other options suggested. Cala N'Porter hasn't been mentioned yet but this seems to be a favourite with some TA members although you need to be aware that it is at the top of some cliffs so there are either lots of steps or a long windy road if you want to get down to the beach ( there is a road train that goes down but it isn't free so far as I know)

Edited: 21 May 2010, 16:52
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some help

If you can post what date your looking at, and ages of the children, as well as your prefered airport, ill have a look at what i can find.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need some help

many thanks for all your kind help but I have booked for my holiday you have all been really helpful thank you

8. Re: Need some help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations