We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

Hi all help gratefully accpeted for my poor husband who is worried he is going to miss the football.

Does the Viva have a room where there show sport? Or can you recomend a sports bar in Cala n Bosch

thanks

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

Toms bar near the marina used to have a very big screeen, and they got picture via Spanish TV, with commentry from Radio 5 etc, in english.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

Last year we watched football in one of the bars around the Marina, cant remember its name (Britannia I think) but they all advertise the football matches. There are also some bars closer to Viva Menorca. Turn right outside the hotel, cross over the road and on the right hand side are some bars and they advertise which matches they show. I am sure your hubby wont miss out. We stayed at Viva Menorca a couple of years ago and I dont recall a TV lounge, but it could have changed since then. We always manage to watch football.

oxford
Level Contributor
288 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

Your husband needn't panic about missing the World Cup, the best place to watch it would be the Britannia pub in the harbour, it has a couple of big screens, drinks not too dear and the food is good, nice atmosphere.

There is also a bar next door and just off the harbour area is an Irish bar, by the bandstand and the harbour shops is another pub, sure that will be showing it too,as will the more upmarket bar by the Roc Lago apartments, can't remember the name but it has some tables and chairs outside in the pavement, does really nice coffees too.

liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

That was our question!!!!!!!!!! Well the hubby's mainly!!!!!

I e-mailed the Viva Menorca and they replied saying that the football will be shown in the cafeteria on the complex

Very handy for us as we're all inclusive!!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

There were world cup warm up matches on last week in all those places mentioned above. You would have a bigger problem trying to avoid it, i reckon : )

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

thanks everyone, cherrybakewell we are all inclusive to but as I'd seen no mention of a tv lounge I didn't ask - thank you !!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

Just to add what people have said, yes, it will be hard to avoid it, but bear in mind most if not all games are on Spanish TV, so commentry will be in Spanish.

Some bars have sky or another type of box/internet radio access, and them bars normally turn the sound from the TV off, and put the sound on from another scorce, like five live, talk sport or even get it on a UK or USA TV channel, so its in English.

Its worth checking out before the games start, if its in English or Spanish.

8. Re: Vivia Menorca - anywhere to watch the World Cup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 07:31
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations