We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire locations

Dublin
Level Contributor
49 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire locations

When hiring a car Is it cheaper to go to the local city or near by resorts when staying in Cala'n Bosch. The prices on the net seem very expensive for end of Aug and first week in Sept. Any Info would be a great help.

Thanks,

Joe

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire locations

Car hire is very expensive this year due to lack of availability. There will be no saving by booking in resort, and it may cost you alot more. Book now for the best deals and also use the search box (top left) for previous threads on car hire.

JtheD

Chalfont St Peter...
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire locations

I'm not sure the local car hire IS more expensive. We got 3 days unlimited mileage with fully comprehensive insurance from Muracar in Cala'N Bosch for 130 Euros with availability the next day, and had a smaller car been available at such short notice it would have been 120 Euros. That seems to compare very favourably with car hire you can book in advance from this country. The car (a Peugeot 207) had only 3500km on the clock and the service we got from them was friendly, attentive and honest: I left my wallet in the car and they tried to phone me and also left messages with the hotel even before I realised I had lost it. They have website in English.

Chalfont St Peter...
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire locations

Sorry, that should have been Nuracar, not Muracar.

4. Re: Car hire locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch