We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

Hi

We would like to go to Cala n Bosch next year for the first time and want to stay in a family friendly hotel/aparthotel as we want to go on half board or all inclusive basis.

We are a family of 4 and our eldest will be 12 so need either a room that has a separate living area for her to sleep so we are not all in one room or an apartment type with 2 bedrooms.

Can anyone recommend anywhere suitable, just do not want the 4 of us all in the same room to sleep etc

Thanks

Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

Paradise Club springs to mind. We stayed in a 1bed apartment which has the twin bedroom plus sofa beds in lounge, bathroom has 2 showers, one over bath and the other a seperate cubicle. There are also 2 bed apartments there which I've read also have 2 bathrooms. Available through either Thomas Cook/Direct Holidays or direct through www.marhotels.com. If you look down the forum and reviews there's lots of info on these apartments as they are extremely popular so do tend to get booked up quickly especially at peak times.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

While you are able to book some places direct, a package holiday might cost more, but gives you more protection.

If you pay for flights and hotel, but its shows as 2 transactions on your bank statement, its not a package, even if with same agent. This means if there is any issue with your return flight, its not your Hotels problem, but on a package, they have to look after you till they can get you back.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

Just to say that Grupotel Aldea Calan Bosch have 2 bedroomed apartments also and you can book half board (not sure about all inc.). We booked direct but in light of the "ash debacle" in hindsight I wish we had booked a package.

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

Thanks for the replies.

TBH magicbeer after all the cancellations recently because of the volcano i will be booking as a package for definate. Would rather have the reassurance.

Will check out Paradise Club and have a look at the reviews now thanks.

Just been looking at Viva Menorca with First Choice for next June it is £2551 for 10 nights all inclusive and says its one bedroom apartments so probably fits the bill. Anyone stayed here and could tell me what it is like please and do you think that is an alright price?

Thanks again

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

I would also say Paradise Club would be worth a look for a great family holiday. It has all you are looking for and is in a great location. You should get a decent price for June from Thomas Cook or Direct holidays.

Chalfont St Peter...
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

I left a long review of Roc Lago Park. Though we had problems with noisy neighbours I suspect that was not everyone's experience. They have two bedroom appartments available at very good prices and with the extra advantage of air conditioning (at no extra charge). They might be what you are looking for, though the pools are nothing to write home about, and the buffet meal on the one night we took it was OK but not something I would have wanted all week.

But why go half board? The Roc Lago Park sits above a whole parade of restaurants that are perfectly adequate and very reasonably priced. The Chinese restaurant above El Pescador at the other end of the harbour (the latter is NOT recommended) has a full meal including Sangria for just 5.95 Euros, undercutting the hotel by 3 Euros (and that's BEFORE drinks). Not authentic of course, but then neither is the hotel's food really.

oxford
Level Contributor
287 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

Hi

I would be careful if considering the Roc Lago, stayed there in 2007 and 2008, the first time me and hubby had a great ground floor apartment near the pool and had a great week, the 2nd time (the same week as the first), me and mum went, it was her first visit to Menorca and we went because 2007 had been so good.

It was nighmare (I left a review on here), over the road by the Paradise Club, fridge that froze and ruined all the food!, rusty knives, forks etc, TV made a dreadful sound, broken sunbeds by the pool, need I go on!

When complained, was told we could not be moved as full (fiesta in Mahon), so don;t bank on being by the harbour, if you are great, if not, beware.

By the way, even our tour rep agreed that the broken sunbeds were a health and safety issue!!

8. Re: Spacious hotel/aparthotel room in cala n bosch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch