We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Been recommended the Paradise Club in Cala n Bosch so have just been looking at prices on Thomas Cook website for next June, but every time I put any dates in it keeps saying no flights available and putting Birmingham as an alternative!?

Am sure there are flights from East Midlands, does anyone know if there are and what days? Usually go with Thomson and these are on Saturdays.

Surely its not to early to book as holidays available on Thomson and First Choice cause I have checked!

Thanks

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

I can not comment on East Midlands, but have a look using flights from luton.

For package there is a lot more flights, normally 2 on Mondays, several on Fridays and Saturdays.

Also, if looking for a "build your own" check out holiday hypermarket flightrs and hotel link, Easy Jet flight from Luton, but make sure you have good insurance, as its then not a package.

You can get coach or train cheap to luton (advance tickets, book, them about 9 months to 1 month before, to get the best price avalaible on that day.

Normally it will knock down your flight prices big time, and if you have to fly early, or get back late, an airport hotel booked 9 months in advance will be about £50, (premier inn are doing froms from £29 at luton airport, from what I heard the longer in adavance you book, the more chace of getting it).

Even if you can not get it, by booking that far in advance, you will get a room for up to 2 adults and 2 kids for about 50 quid.

Edited: 20 June 2010, 22:59
Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

There are definatley TC flights from Emids to Mahon next summer, depart on Sundays around 6.10. Have booked for July through Direct Hols.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Just done a search on Direct Holidays website - Friday and Sunday flights coming up for next June from East Mids. Paradise Club showing available too - not sure if you are aware but make sure you check prices on both TC and Direct - check luggage allowances too as Direct offer 20kg (TC normally only 15) and also inflight meals included free with Direct.

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Oh thanks for this will take a look at Direct Holidays. Have only ever booked through an agent before so if I book with Direct Holidays will I still be fully covered ins wise ie. volcano eruptions etc...? and do I have to book online?

Thanks for all the help

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Direct Holidays are part of Thomas Cook, and if you scrol down at the end of their website, it comfirms this, and that flights and holidays are ATOL protected.

Where you book does not come into it, in terms of if your covered. What is imporatant, is if your booking a package or flights and Hotel. (Flights and Hotel will be 2 seperate transactions on your statement, even if you only give them card details once).

If your on a package, and the package flight is delayed for any reason, they have to look after you. This includes out bound and return.

If your flight is seperate to your hotel booking your on your own, and if its out bound it will not be considered to be the your hotels fault for you not arriving, so not their problem. If its an issue on return flight, you would have to make your own arrangements for somewhere to stay, unless your airline is willing to provide something.

You need to make sure what your insurance covers, in light of the ash issues. Some companys treated it as a act of God, making it not an insured risk. Others allowed claims, but excluded it from new poliys booked after the first date.

Also, if you pay using a credit card (even if you pay it off the next day), you also get some level of protection but you need to check this with your card issuer.

This a link to their website, www.directholidays.co.uk/

Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

If you book through Direct Holidays it will be exactly the same holiday that you'll get when booking through Thomas Cook. We first used them in 2008 for the Paradise Club, you'll have the same flight, rep, rooms, etc - there's no difference other than having to book on the internet or over the phone. I have just booked my 3rd holiday with them and a little tip I'll give is to phone them rather than use the internet to book - I did this and managed to get a futher discount on top of the web price.

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Oh thanks for the onfo. Did not realise they were part of Thomas Cook, sounds better to book with them then if we can get a decent price!

Am struggling to find any flights though for June 2011 on their website, dont understand what im doing wrong, have entered east midlands and cala n bosch, will probably give them a ring tomorrow when I am off work :-)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

Sorry, I don't know what you're doing wrong either!!!! I've just tried a search from E Mids on 19th June 2011 and it comes up available for both 7 and 14 nights. Checked other dates in June and all Friday and Sunday dates are coming up available. I selected Cala'n Bosch in the search panel and put in date but left the last 3 boxes blank - board basis, budget, etc. You are definately selecting June 2011 not 2010, aren't you??? Just a thought!

9. Re: Thomas Cook flights from East Midlands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch