We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

Which Cala'n Bosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
73 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

Can anyone let me know if it is better to book transfer from airport to the hotel or just jump in a taxi when we arrive? Also what is the prices in a taxi for 2 people and 1 large case.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

Last season it would of been about 80 euro each way.

However, my fellow DE, Raff who also lives on the island, did say Taxis are now metered. The old system invoved fare charts. In terms of cases, it was only about 50 cents extra, per item stored outside the car.

To pre book costs more, typicaly 5-10%.

The rank outside will have taxis till the last flight of the days people have left the ariport area.

As an alternative, you can get a coach/mini bus transfer.

www.taxitransfer.co.uk i have used, but to compair it, shuttle menorca have had good reviews on this site as well

You are looking at £30 ish each, return, per person.

Transfer will take from 1 to 2 hours, the reason for this is sometimes your routed via Cala Blanes/Forcat depending on booking numbers. While the new road avoids Ciutedella on way to Blanes/Forcat, you still pass it on the way to Bosh from their. This takes you 30 min out of your way, plus unloading time.

Transfers back are normally 4 or 5 hours before your flight back, agian perhaps routed via Cala Forcat/Blanes. You need to phone them on a local number to confirm pick up time, the day before.

While this sort of transer can take longer, its a good way to have a look round the island and get ideas for days out, or holiday locations for other years.

Edited: 23 June 2010, 23:10
Lancashire
Level Contributor
73 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

Oh dear! I dont want to be sat touring round with other drop offs. What is the cost for a private cab and how long do you think it will take if we go direct to hotel? How come we have to pay for each person in the taxi - is it not a standard charge for the car? I thought it was going to take 50 minutes. :(

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

Taxi is about 80 euro each way, per car.

It should take about 45-60 min.

Its the shuttle transfer what is per person. and can take 60-120 min.

Lancs
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

Thanks. I will get the taxi.

5. Re: Airport transfer to La Quinta Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations