We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paridise Club with teenagers

Which Cala'n Bosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Paridise Club with teenagers

Hi we are going AI toParadise Club in a couple of weeks with a 14 and a 16 year old. Having read some recent reviews I am a little worried!! Can you advise on the following:

Are the lunches buffet style, they eat like horses!?

Is there going to be enough for kids to do, can anyone suggest any days/evenings out?

We have been to Cala'n Bosch before but stayed at Marinda Gardens which they loved but spent most of our time at hotel or beach. Hoping to spead our wings a bit this year!

Thanks.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

With all meals on AI, they are buffet style. Lunch and Dinner and normally 3 course, and a choice of 3 or 4 things.

There is a couple of places that they might be ok to go in on their own at night, like the music bar near the marina and The Big Apple (Karaoke and Disco music). If you do let them go off on their own (what it is generally safe for there are to do on the island), you might want to arrange times to meet up/phone them, and have a strict time to be back, as some places open till 4 or 5 am.

For days out, the resort bus goes to Ciutedella, what connects to other resort services, as well as the Mahon Bus (what starts 5 min walk away).

You can also get off the bus on the main road, by Cala Blanca what is 10 min walk to the beach.

There is a 3.5 hour boat trip from Cala Bosh, what is 24 Euro per adult, 16 euro per child.

From Ciutedella, there is a 7 hour trip (you would have to get the bus their and back, or taxi), what is 40 euro per adult, 20 per child. This includes Paella lunch with sangria, 2 stops at beachs.

You can book them Nuracar near the band stand.

Bristol, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

Thanks for your reply magicbeer08 they will love 'The Big Apple' and I will look into the boat trips.

Can't wait to go now!

Dawn

england
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

Hi DawnH1071, we are also going AI to the Paradise Club in a few weeks and travelling with us are 4 boys aged between 11 - 16 years. We have also been a bit worried that there may be more younger children about but thought that with the marina and beach on the doorstep at least the older ones can safely go off on their own and hopefully meet up with other like minded teenagers for company. We understand the 16 year olds can join in the adult activities like water polo (hopefully they will if their hormones don't get the better of them!!) and we also are going to point them in the direction of the "Big Apple". Like you we have stayed in Cala'n Bosch before but not the Paradise Club. I'm sure we will all have a great time :)

Edited: 29 July 2010, 12:50
Bristol, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

Hi Janalice thanks for your reply,

Im also hoping mine will join the adult activities and am glad to hear there will be other teenagers about. As you say they'll just have to get on with it and then hopefully will have a great time ( and we can relax!!) My 16yr old girls ears pricked up at the mention of the big apple so fingers crossed she meets others that she can 'hook up with'. Can't wait to go now :)

I've also heard you can hire pool towels @ 10 euro each refundable and they can be changed for clean every couple of days may save some precious luggage allowence!

Dawn

england
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

We're off on the 17th August, I don't dare tell the two 16 year old boys (friends) that I've mentioned them on here as I'll be accused of interfering in their social lives!!!!!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

If she has trouble finding friends, she could try wondering in other larger complexs/hotels.

I know the Hotel Cala Bosh by the beach allows none resiedents in, to use the pool etc, as long as they are buy drinks or food from them.

There is other night time options in Ciutedella and Cala Forcat, but this would involve taxi back, about 15 euro from Ciutedella, 25 from Cala Forcat.

Under local law, at 16 she is ok to go into night clubs, however, it would be if you wanted her to or not. My advise would be if in a group with 3 more people, they should be ok if they all stayed together.

Let me know if you want more detail on this. I used to be a manager in a Family Disco, so know the night time venues in Ciutedella and Cala Forcat area, and what places to avoid.

england
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

Thanks for all the helpful info everyone, I don't think I'll be encouraging my lot to travel out of cala'n bosch at night, not because I don't trust them but I think at 16 they should be able to find enough to amuse themselves locally and I prefer to know roughly where they are!!! Its really company they need and I'm sure they'll be fine.

A couple of questions:

If anyone has been all inclusive can they tell me what sort of snacks are available inbetween meal times? Not for me you understand :) but for the ravenous bottomless pits of teenagers lol!

Is it possible to do some simple fishing around the harbour area?

What sort of watersports are on offer?

How early will we have to be up for sunbeds? :(

Many thanks

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

Fishing in the Harbour, I have seen people do it, but not 100% sure its legal, if you need a permit etc, so you will need to check this.

Sunbeds on the beach, as your going peek season, will be about 25 euro, for 2 with a parasol. The tickets are all day, so if you go away leave a towel on them, or they might get re let.

Not sure about Sunbeds in the complex, snacks or water sports.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

To update on fishing, It is ilegal to fish in the marina area.

You can from the beach etc, but anyone over 14 needs a licence, here is a link to the information website.

…angloinfo.com/information/35/fishing.asp

10. Re: Paridise Club with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch