We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

Husband and I are in our mid 30s and fancied a weeks get away start of Sep, he is a big kid at heart so we have booked princesa playa as he loves the look of the pool, and it also has some fab reviews.

Neither of us have done Menorca before and I haven't been to the balerics since I was a young child so it will be a change from the holidays we have had recently (Greece, Canaries, Redsea etc) but the area appealed as we like the idea of having fun my the pool in the day, and taking a stroll to the Marina at night.

Can anyone advise us therefor:

1)If there are many working atms in the area?and if so where the nearest one is to the hotel, also do reseraunts take plastic?

2)What is the weather like first week sep,I have looked on wunderground and it looks quite promising,and I have read online lows of 19 highs of 26 but wondered if anyone who has been there could comment?

3)Is air con included in the price?I have looked on the apartments website and it appears to be,the only thing it says you pay for is the safe,I'm use to paying silly money for aircon when hubby gets too warn

4)Are the hairdryers in the apartments any good~just trying to save luggage weight where possible

5)Last one~if anyone has paid in hotel to have evening meal there what was the cost~the food on their website looks lovely?!?

Thanks to anyone who replies to this post.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

I have worked in this resort in the past, and visited it for over 20 years.

1, There is 2 ATM's in resort, 1 of them by the marina, what is 5 min walk from the Hotel. They do not show on officail Visa Maps, as they are not in service all year round. They are out of service November till April.

In event of any problem, the town of Ciutedella is a 2 euro bus ride away (bus is every 30/45 min) or a 15 euro taxi ride, with over 30 ATMs as well as banks.

More or less all shops and bars doing food, take credit and debit card payments.

2, The info you have is correct. The island is small, only 1 hour drive from one side to other. Mahon is the only place you can get very detailed weather reports for

3, If your booking website/brochure says its included, then it will be. In Menorca, the only thing I have seen a charge for, is if people decide to hire a fan. The time of year your going, its going to be no more then a normal summers day, in the UK.

4, I have not stayed in this place, but if your worried about it, then consider buying a travel one, at the airport after the security checks, as you do not pay for extra weight then.

Thinks like sun cream cost more in resort, but again, you can buy them at the airport.

5, I can not help with cost of meals in this Hotel, but I can tell you typical resort prices.

Pint 2.70 (on another thread, a member has said you can get 2 euro in some places)

Main meals, from 7 Euro (you can get small things like Lasania for 5 Euro)

Menu of the day, I have only seen for myself at 12 euro, for 3 course with a drink, but others have found it a bit cheaper.

Burger and Chips, 5 Euro

Chips/Hot Dogs etc, 2 Euro each.

Mixed drinks like Vodka and Coke, about 4.50 Euro but measure is more then UK

You can get Tapas in the Marina area, from 3 Euro

Local bread, ham and chease is good value, for butteys.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

Thanks for that, all bar the weather bit sounds good,I was hoping first week in sep to use the lovely pool,that was the whole reason we had booked there,but I guess a normal summers say in uk outdoor swimming would be out of the q,begining to think I may of just made a booby in menorca,I honestly believed with highs of 26 it would of been warm enough :-( oh well now to make the most and start planning other activities I guess.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

If anything it will be mid 20's for 4 or 5 days of the week (bassed on last few years).

In terms of bad days, I can help with a few ideas.

As I said on other post, there is a bus service to Ciutedella every 30/45 min.

You will find loads to do, be it shopping, walking round of going for a drink/something to eat in the port. Its worth saying their is a park in Ciutedella by the bus station, and its great for your childrens ages.

You will find bars with tables close by, where you can see them all the time.

Note shops close at 130pm, but open again at 530.

Mahon would need an early start, as it could involve a wait in Ciutedella for 45 min, and the bus can take up to 90 min.

Like Ciutedella, shops close at 130pm till 530, but I am sure there is other things to do their, like the gin factory etc.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

my children? do you know something i dont? lol....we are looking at starting a family hence we wanted to make the most of possibly our last childless holiday, but dont have any at the moment....

mid 20s i can cope with, just didnt want to have no swimming time.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,077 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

I think that you have misunderstood about the weather - by normal summers day Magicbeer08 means RECENT UK summer days - honestly you will be really unlucky to have bad weather so please do not worry.

As you can see from uk.weather.com/travel/travel-Mahon-SPXX0051… . after an August with an average high of 28C, early September although possibly a bit cooler is NOT going to be like September over here In fact …weather.com/climate/… gives the average high for the first week of September as 26/27C. I think ( not sure though) that temperatures are measured in the shade anyway.

Long periods of being in the sun throughout the summer means that the sea and hotel pool will be at their warmest and unless your husband is very fussy about water temperature he will enjoy both the sea and the pool.

The hotels website princesaplaya.net/en/hotel_princesa_playa/ says that all apartments,hotel rooms and public areas are airconditioned with no mention of this being payable locally - with a lower spec hotel you might expect to pay for this but I would expect it as standard in a four star place. If you are worried check your booking paperwork and photocopy/print off any pages in the brochure that mention aircon without saying it is extra and take them with you!

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

Thanks for clarifying I was having a bit of a panic...Husbands not too fussy temperature wise as long as the rooms not too warm, and outside is ok for swimming in. Infact he told me I was worrying about nothing, unfortunaulty weatherwise I grew up in Manchester so I relate UK summers at best to being able to go out in jeans and a tshirt with the hope that you will dodge the rain, swimming outdoors would be out of the question there, so I automatically panicked at the thought of the weather being like at back home. We go to Roda, in Corfu in a May, and that can be pretty hit and miss (works leave means I have to just take what I can dates wise), so we were really hoping for atleast abit of a sun holiday.

All the advice you have given is much appreciated. I had checked the complex's website too and like you interpretted it that way, and the brochure didnt mentioned paying either - I thought I must of been interpretting it wrong as I was so use to paying, but we will see what happens.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

Sorry, was looking at 2 posts at once, and 1 was a family.

8. Re: cala n bosche qs~atms,weather,&accomodation(princesa playa)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations