We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus to cuitadella

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
bus to cuitadella

read in another thread about a bus that runs to Cuitadella, which is a livelier bigger town?

how often is the bus and what time does it run to at night (coming back to Cala'n Bosch)

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,400 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus to cuitadella

There is a Top Question about bus services on the main island forum page. The summer season bus timetables aren't published normally until April but here is a link to the bus company's website …e-torres.net/en/lineas-regulares/route-64/ . On the winter timetable the last bus to Cala N'Bosch can leaves Cuitadella at 7.30 pm, there will probably be later ones in the summer but tourist services on the island don't tend to run late so it you want to go into Cuitadella in the evening and stay late you will probably need to get a taxi back.

Re your "bigger town" question;.just so you understand, Cala N'Bosch itself is NOT a town at all - it is simply a purpose built tourist resort on the extreme south western tip of the island whereas Cuitadella is a proper residential town which was in fact originally the islands capital before that moved across to Mahon a couple of centuries ago.

UK
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus to cuitadella

I can't remember the exact times but I'm sure they run up until about 11pm, possibly even midnight in the summer, but I know they reduce to one bus per hour later on so you just need to make sure you don't miss it!

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus to cuitadella

i realise Cala'n Bosch isnt a town, was poor wording on my part, sorry.

if its only a couple of euros on the bus i imagine it wont be too expensive in a taxi?

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus to cuitadella

Hi

Bus to and from calan bosch 1euro 80 cents last

Year and in summer last bus back to bosch 00:00 really good service, cuitadela lovely place to visit day or evening, and in my opinion calan bosch is a great resort.

If you would any more info on calan bosch or cuitadela i will gladly help if i can.

Steve.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus to cuitadella

any idea of the taxi cost?

just looking to go there for something different a couple of nights,, any pub or restaurant recommendations would be great

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus to cuitadella

just had a look at the bus timetable,, is it a 65 bus we would get?

staying in cap d'artrutx,, carrer migjorn (sp?) looks as though the bus stop is quite near?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus to cuitadella

Only about 10 euros in a taxi to ciutadella , bus stops near cap d,artrutx . We got a bus there and a taxi back . Best place to eat in CalanBosch is Avanti on the far side if you are coming from Cap datruxt, pizza is great , garlic prawns with spaghetti amazing and the staff are dead friendly .

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus to cuitadella

Showtime, if you mean reataurants in cuitadella i would more than recormend la Guitarra fantastic spainish restaurant. Try the rabbit in onions or the meatballs with chicken gorgeous.

And at a very good price.

You will adore calan bosch and cuitadella, enjoy.

Co. Meath
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus to cuitadella

As Mancsteve60 says, you will adore both CnB and Cuitadella.

Cuitadella is a lovely town, it has cobble stone streets with lovely quaint shops, also a cathedral that they have been renovating for years and every year I still visit it to see how far they have got. There is lots to see there too, you can see the women sitting outside their houses doing some crochet work. Its really nice to see. There is a market there too, I think maybe Monday and Fridays, not too sure about that though.

Enjoy

Rosie

Hyde, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus to cuitadella

Ciutedella is not particularly far from Cala'n Bosch, but Taxis are generally comparatively expensive to my mind. The buses are fairly frequent, always pretty new, air-conditioned, comfortable and clean. Fares are pretty cheap compared to the UK. They also have electronic screens inside which show you the next stop.

I would use the buses whenever possible.

One other point. When returning from Ciutedella [assuming you board in the town square], you have to buy your ticket at the kiosk before boarding.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations