We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise club

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise club

We've had a letter from our tour operator regarding ongoing work to the kids splash pool. Just wondered if anyone had been and could advise if it is disruptive / a problem? Hoping not and still looking forward to going!

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise club

Hi,

We are staying there from this Saturday for 2 weeks. We haven't heard anything from Thomas Cook. We only booked because of the splash zone that was opening this season.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise club

Hi,

We are staying there from this Saturday for 2 weeks. We haven't heard anything from Thomas Cook. We only booked because of the splash zone that was opening this season.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 19:10
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise club

Flying out on 1st July with Thomas Cook. Not heard anything.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise club

Well hopefully letter is just formality, who knows it may be nearly done! If anyone has been in last few weeks be good to hear about it.

We have been twice before and really enjoyed it, hence the return :)

england
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise club

Have you tried emailing hotel direct? I have emailed them in the past with questions about booking and they usually reply quickly. Try through marhotels website

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise club

Hi,

I've emailed them a couple of times in the past few weeks.

They replied we are aiming to have this open from the first day.

Which isn't really a concrete confirmation.

Well I fly tomorrow so I'll know by the afternoon.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,852 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise club

Sounds rather like the debacle last year with the new splash area in Arenal Den Castel- that wasn't anywhere near ready on time for the beginning of the season and in fact it was weeks into it before it was finished and loads of guests moved to other accommodation. That was with Thomson and they didn't give anyone the option to move until the very last minute (presumably in the hope that it would get finished in time for the next set of guests arriving) .

I would recommend PHONING the hotel - see http://en.marhotels.com/

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise club

Hi all,

Spoke to then hotel this morning.

The new kids splash zone won't be open till around the 20th May.

Pretty gutted as we fly out on the 11th and I can't see them meeting the 20th deadline.

Apparently there's no noise.

Not happy really as that was the primary reason we chose the hotel.

Well what will be will be.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,852 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradise club

If you are expecting a less than 100% experience due to the lack of a facility which was advertised and due to the age of your children is clearly something that you would be expected to use why not contact the tour company today and complain.

You say that you have heard nothing from Thomas Cook so you could make it clear that it is very poor customer service to have heard nothing from them about the splash zone not being open yet ending up discovering it the day before you fly seeing posts on an internet forum . Clearly you are happy with the resort and hotel so I wouldn't get tied into arguments about being moved but it is worth trying to get some recompense because even if it does open on 20th May that is still over half of your holiday without the facility that you were looking forward to using. One point though which may mean you have little grounds to complain - I just looked and the hotel info on their website only mentions the splash zone "from May 2013" not WHEN in May - was this different in the brochure that you booked from in which case I would hang into your copy!

Assuming that there are other families arriving when you do I suspect that you will not be alone complaining to the Rep !!

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradise club

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I noticed it said May but not when in May.

When we booked they said it would be open.

I've had 2 emails from the hotel in recent weeks stating it would be open from day 1.

My wife's an expierenced tour operator for long haul so she'll know the ins and outs of compensation.

I'm not really interested in switching hotels its just that our daughter's really exited for the splash I'll feel we've let her down.

I'm sure we'll have a great holiday regardless.

I just like to be kept in the picture and not to find out myself.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations