We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala n Bosch

14 posts
Save Topic
Cala n Bosch

Hi,

I'm planning to do our first trip to Menorca next year in Aug 2014 and after much searching have come up with Cala n Bosch for me, husband and 6 year old. I can't decide which is the best all inclusive hotel and stuck between the Village complex or Paradise Club and Spa? Even wondered about hotel Cala n Bosch? Anyone got any advice please?

england
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala n Bosch

Hi - I am sure you will like Cala'n Bosch - but do you really want AI? Cala'n Bosch is a small purpose built resort with bars/ restaurants of all price ranges. In terms of price for food, drink, snacks we have never thought it cheaper for AI in last 14 years! It's good to give your business to the local shops and bars too.

I love the Paradise Club and have stayed there several times (and going again in August) SC so get best of both worlds as can join in all activities and go out for meals/ drinks too. Also liked Princessa Playa, Sol Club Falco and Marinda Gardens as can use great range of activities but book SC and go out for meals.

Not been to the village but looking at reviews but seems suited to those wanting to join in lots of activities.

Hotel Cala'n Bosch has great position on beach but limited outdoor space and activities and can get noisy.

Wherever you choose, you are near enough to get out and about.

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala n Bosch

we have stayed in hotel cala n bosch 4 times and love it, the food and entertainment is great, there is a kids club for the little one, it can get busy during peak season but we have never found it a problem, you can also use the 3 pools in the sister hotel ( the marina apartments) which is opposite the hotel and is nice and quiet. menorca is a lovely island and im sure werever you stay you will love it, we are going back to cala n bosch in 10 weeks, carnt wait, there are plenty of restaurants around cala n bosch marina but they can be a bit pricey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala n Bosch

" there are plenty of restaurants around cala n bosch marina but they can be a bit pricey."

compared to what? Menus are usually excellent value

Co. Meath
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala n Bosch

I do not think its expensive to eat in CNB, for four adults you pay around 60.00 that includes starters main courses and jugs of sangria and a beer. Children's menus in El Patos 4/5.00 for main course desert and a drink. Or in Flamingos a great freshly made pizza starting at 10.00, or many restaurants offer menu del dia which is always great value.

A full breakfast in Leilas for 5.00 includes toast and tea, always great service.

Really if your on a budget just eat out at night, or get takeaway pizza or Chinese etc.

We cook lunch and go out for dinner at night, and few drinks in Toms bar, and a stroll back to villa.

Can't wait for July, 14th time back to CNB.

14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala n Bosch

Very useful thank you. If you have any more pointers / tips then please let me know when you get back thanks. Have a great time in CNB.

Thanks,

Helen

Stoke-on-Trent...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala n Bosch

We found some of the food quality poor at the restaurants in Cala n Bosch and not cheap.

For example, a cheese sandwich contained a processed slice of cheese. Ham slices just fat on my £5 sandwich

Pizza with processed cheese!

Cold drinks for the children £2.50+

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala n Bosch

Please can you let me know which restaurants this applied to if you can remember their names? So we can avoid thanks.

Helen

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala n Bosch

All restaurants are together and prices are posted by law

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
134 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cala n Bosch

I agree with the earlier sentiments, go Self Catering!! The marina and its lovely restaurants are too good to miss out on. I've stayed at Paradise spa and its a great place, great location and has good entertainment for all the family. I stayed there S/C but saw what was in offer food wise for A/I and although it looked ok it was no comparison to what I was eating every evening. It's a personal choice obviously but if everyone went A/I then the resort would die.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cala n Bosch

Just back from cal a n Bosch. Stayed at sol falcon all Inc for one week. Hotel and food amazing. Brilliant hotel for kids. U can book direct with sol melee n get rewards discount and also u don't pay till u get thr. Defo recommend.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch