We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Safari

Which Cala'n Bosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Safari

Hi have been reading about the jeep safari but their website isn't working. Is it doable from Cala en Bosch, how much does it cost and do you take a picnic?

Thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Safari

Try JontheDog. He went last year and enjoyed it. I've given him a nuidge so he might post soon.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Safari

It is listed as the no1 attraction in Menorca and has a certificate of excellence. Friends went on it last May and highly recommended it and so I sent an email last September to jeepsafarimenorca@yahoo.es to which I received no reply. Their website is not functioning but I am told they operate in conjunction with the catamaran from Cala Galdana. Quite pricey but an experience I would definitely like to try as you can go to places you can't with a hire car. Reviews on tripadvisor all seem very positive.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Safari

Yeah I've done this, birthday present last year from Mrs D. Great day out, thoroughly recommed.

On the day we went most of the people arrived at the meeting point (Mercadal) by coach think they had been sold the day out by resort reps as an excursion. My advice fwiw is call them, that's what we did while on the island. The co owner and guide Jack is actually Dutch and all staff are multilingual.

As for lunch you can BYO or choose from 2 options that they will sell you on the day. They really make the whole thing easy.

Hope that helps. Forgive typos pls I'm on iPhone

JtheD

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Safari

Thanks muchly

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Safari

JTD, who drives the jeeps over the trickier terrain?

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Safari

On the day we went there were 4 jeeps and it was a bit of a free for all who drove each one. I shared the driving of ours with a young lady who wanted a go.

It turned out that she was in the driving seat when we got to the tricky off road section of the trip. Although she was a bit hesitant, Jack the guide told her exactly what do and she did brilliantly.

So to answer your question - anyone in the jeep who's brave enough, or if no one is, the guide will take over.

JtheD

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep Safari

Thanks, might have a go too!

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep Safari

If anyone needs information for 2014 try their face book page.

https:/…153257308115304

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeep Safari

After reading Jon-the-dogs post I'm thinking of booking a Jeep Safari for our visit in May and thought I would read some of the excellent reviews on TA.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

I also read the 1 terrible review and the reviewers other posts LOL.

Anyway regarding the original post from CassandMalc (Is it doable from Cala en Bosch) the reply to the (terrible review) from the people of Jeep Safari say's they will pick up anywhere on the Island even if its just one person.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jeep Safari

Thanks for all the replies. Their website still isn't working and their Facebook page is very quiet today[25/03/2014] Still love to go so if anybody knows anything please let me know. Thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch