We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Which Cala'n Bosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry
11 posts
Save Topic
Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Hello all,

I was thinking of visiting Cala ‘n Bosch with my wife and 2 year old – I have never been to this resort and was recommended by my friend at work,

Is this a nice place to visit with my 2 year old ? , Is there much to do – I don’t like going to a place that’s too quiet but not too loud with drunken people, I would like to go to bars around 10pm with my little one - I am thinking of booking a week on 10th September to Apartamentos Roc Lago Park ,

Is this a nice hotel? And time to visit ? – Would you recommend this place ?

Thanks

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Menorca does not attract too many drinking groups :-) you should have no problems at night but I'd would also say look at Son Bou and Cala en Porter

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Early September is generally very nice - there are less visitoers because the school holidays are over and although the weather is beginning to cool it is still generally very good.

Personally, with a 2 year old in a buggy I would say that Cala N'Porter is OUT for you because unless you are happy navigating 190 or so steps down the cliff to visit the beach (-see tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g673871-i12589-k… ) which zigzag down the steep cliff , it is a LONG walk down to the beach via the road and then you are faced with quite a steep push back up again :-(

I do not see that Cala N'Bosch is a BAD option TBH - the main negative IMHO is the long transfer time ( about an hour) but if your friend at work has been there and you trust their taste in liking similar things to yourself then that could be fine. I do not know the accommodation you are considering, but hopefully someone will be able to comment on that for you however there is a wide choice of accommodation in that resort all of which ought to be child friendly

If the transfer time puts you off, as Tom has suggested, Son Bou might suit you, or possibly Arenal Den Castell / Cala Galdana but you need to check out the various info on all these resorts to be sure if you like the look of them ( see Top Question section of this forum) before narrowing down to accommodation.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Having been to Menorca many times, I believe your choice is spot on. Of all the many resorts on the island, none comes close to that of Cala'n Bosch. Yeah I agree with the transfer time from the airport is quite long, but you only do that at the start and again at the finish of your holiday. We usually hire a car at Mahon airport for our stay and don't see the distance as a problem.

The centre piece of the town is the marina. Full of wonderful array of boats and yachts, the marina is the place to eat , drink and shop. At night time the place is alive, full of FAMILIES enjoying their holiday. There are children of all ages, but no Yobs. Drinking is done in moderation and all music stops around 10 or 11pm.

I have no hesitation in recommending a Holiday in Cala'n Bosch for a family with children. It was designed for this purpose.....

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
435 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Hi,

I'm just having a nosey at this thread because I'm thinking of booking the Paradise Club for our holiday in May next year but have never been to Menorca before. We love Puerto Pollensa in Majorca, but the only two package holiday places that we can find that will accommodate a family of 5 there (why is it so hard to book a package holiday when you have 3 children - major rant to be had there!) are too far out of the town for us.

The idea of an all-inclusive holiday in a horrible resort full of rowdy people and English bars is my idea of a nightmare, but all of Menorca sounds lovely (and much the same as Puerto Pollensa) so hopefully we will enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of package holidays as such (would rather see a lot of the local area and support local businesses like the family-owned restaurants), but with children aged 9, 6 and 3 next year I think kids clubs and half board are going to be our holidays for a few years to come! I like the buffet meal aspect (instant food and no hassle/washing up for mum and dad) and my children are very sociable so they want to join in with all the activities and mini discos! I know there are endless apartments in Puerto Pollensa that we could rent, but that would just be like being at home but with warmer temperatures (kids fighting, having to shop/make breakfast and lunch and wash up)!

I'll probably be starting a few threads with questions of my own when we come to book our holiday!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Hippo87 - to help with your research please check out the Top Questions on our forum - there are lots of links etc. in there ( and stuff about being careful over which car hire firm you use but you are probably aware of similar "problems" in Mallorca LOL). If you come back with resort areas that tempt you I am sure that folk will be able to help advise you on several places to consider as options. Cala N'Bosch is a good choice for a family wanting plenty around and it is not (using your own words) a "horrible resort full of ....English bars" but there are other options too .

Personally, with 3 children I agree that wherever you stay you need an aparthotel or apartment complex - not for the self catering aspect but to have enough room to swing a cat when everyone is indoors !

Edited: 13 May 2014, 21:59
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
435 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Thanks for the 'Welcome' and the info! I will have a good read of the Top Questions.

We've never hired a car, but have always booked private transfers (even last year when we went to Puerto Pollensa with Thomson) because a big 'thing' of mine is having children in appropriate car seats - I would never let them travel on a transfer coach sitting on my knee. The older two will be ok next year with Trunki backpack booster seats, but if I can't get confirmation that I can put a car seat for the 3 year old on the transfer coach then I think we'll be booking private transfers in Menorca too.. I've read all the info about Cala'n Bosch having the longest transfer times (and therefore being expensive for transfers), but don't mind paying if we have to. OTT, I know, when a transfer is included in the package, but I couldn't relax with my 3 year old on my knee on a coach!

Thanks again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Me and my partner have booked a week AI for 22nd sep at paradise club cala n bosch for our sons 1st birthday. We normally go longhaul but obviously the short flight is a must. Looking forward to it but hoping weather holds out

Widnes
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Hi Hippo87,

I'm sure you'll love Menorca and with reference to private transfers you'll probably find the price about the same as Puerto Pollensa if you choose one of the west coast resorts such as Calan Bosch. We holidayed in Puerto Pollensa a few years ago and paid about 100 euros each way (we are a family of 5 too). I would recommend shuttlemenorca.com or menorca-airport-transfers.com. Resort wise we have stayed in Calan Forcat (this year will be our 5th time), Punta Prima (twice) and Cala Galdana once. We've always had a two bed apartment but stayed S.C, although many apartments now offer various board options. Happy holiday hunting.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 20:23
manchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Hi the Paradise club does do 2 bed apts that would accomodate your family and also does various board options and your kids would love the animacion team there fab!! The mini disco every night will please them. I had a bad experience here but that was due to the hotel not being ready, pools empty etc due to the start of the season but it should be sorted for when you want to go. The location is good too right behind the marina where the shops and bars are.

Cramlington...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thinking of going to Cala'n Bosch with 2 year old

Just spotted your thread re Paradise Club - we have same prob, family of 5 & we prefer AI so it's awful trying to find something to accommodate us! We went to Paradise Club 2 yrs ago, it was perfect & it would have been even better if they'd had the splash pools then! But the staff are absolutely fantastic with the kids, I wouldn't hesitate to get booked up there - however, we're off to Cala n Forcat this yr, all my family (11 of us) in tow, purely because we couldn't all get booked up in Paradise Club!

Edited: 20 May 2014, 16:06
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations