We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Out in Kamari

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Out in Kamari

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for simple, non fishy restaurants? We fly out next week.

Thanks

Jeanette

Randers, Denmark
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Just came home 5 hours ago,

Enjoyed a week on Santorini.

The best food in Kamari,

must be om a small restaurant: Casa Kamari.

We had a bad expierience on restaurant "No Name",

will never go there again.

I am already looking forward to my next tour

to Santorini.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Best to search the fourm, I can suggest the Avolen (The Spring) and the Boat House restaurants on the water at the north of Kamari Beach.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Definately the best place to eat is ALEXANDER, but any along the seafront are pretty good.NO-NAMe - NO go, they'll hassle you to go in, but don't, it's crap

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Agree with others, avoid restaurant 'No name'

Near the mountain side: Alexanders (great food & service)

(just around the corner from 'No name')

At the north end: Seaside Beach Hotel Restaurant (excellent food & service)

Hope this helps

Warren

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

I second (or third?) Alexanders and The Boat House. Watch out, next to Alexanders are a couple of places (X&Y) where the waiters are very good at enticing you inside, so good that service suffers (food was OK). Dont recall the names, poor map below

!

!X

!=====================

!Y Alexanders

! (far end of town)

! Boat House

=====1================Seafront / ==================

<- Rock

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Grr its dropped a lot of spaces, so 'far end of town and 'boat house' should be on the very far right hand end of my 'map'

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

We enjoyed Allo Kati, which was in a side street off the main beach road, the owner was one of the friendliest we met and the food was excellent, many Greek people eat there, which is always a good sign.

Also enjoyed the Boat House,which is in a nice quiet position. The only one we were disappointed in was Zorbas, the food was meagre and the waiters sullen and indifferent.

But that is the good thing about Kamari, the choice of restauranis is so varied, you never need to consider returning to a disappointing one

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Just been reminded about Atmosphere restaurant, I think I deliberatly forgot it, avoid at all costs.

Very pretentious with everything on the menu approx double the price of any other restaurant in Kamari. When we didn't order a starter, the owner whipped the side plates off the table, so when the bread arrived, we had to butter it on the tablecloth.

When I ordered "Lamb Florentine" yes ,everything had names like that, he told me they had "mixed Souvlaki" "how nice" I replied "don't you have lamb cutlets then?" "Yes", he growled and grabbed the menu off me. He tried pushing the mixed souvlaki on to my husband as well, without success. When the food arrived, it did not live up to its exotic title, do they ever. All we could do in the end was laugh and be grateful that the attitude and standards in that establishment are an isolated exception to what we always find throughout Greece...nice tea lights though

Nottingham
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

Hi

Just back - there are so many places to eat out in Kamari with a mix of good meat and fish restaurants. Our 3 favourites are:

Almira (last restaurant at end of beach towards airport) - amazing Meze platter for 2 €17 and lovely souvlaki.

Also we went to Alexanders - apparently a favourite with the local so we booked.

Also Byzantias (both this and Alexandra close to each other off a main street of restaurants close to the rock end of the resort).

Ireland
Level Contributor
291 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating Out in Kamari

We enjoyed Sea-side, Boathouse, Tyrsaki and Classico Restaurant. We couldn't find Alexanders for some reason!!

Food is very good in Kamari, and there is a huge choice. Enjoy your hols!!

Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations