We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food, drinks etc.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of food, drinks etc.

Thinking of staying around Kamari beach area in bed and breakfast hotel and wondering what to expect to pay for light lunch and soft drinks and eating out in the evening.Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Surrey
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

Hi, we visited Kamari last week and our evening meal on the beachfront consisted of: mixed grill for 2, spaghetti bolognaise, bread, 2 glasses of house wine, 4 soft drinks, total 49 Euros. I thought this a bit expensive, but it was lovely. Similar meals in Perissa ranged from 26 euros to 48 euros!

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

Hi Eternaltourist

Starters are generally 3-4.5 euro in restaurant

Main courses 6-10 euro, dessert about 4 euro.

A glass of wine is about 2 euro. For lunch - find a bakery or supermarket and you will find a roll or pastry for about 2-3 euro. soft drinks are 1.50 -1.80 for a bottle (i.e coke)

Food in pool side or snack bars are usually not more than 6 euro for anything from greek salad to toasted sandwich and chips.

We stayed in Perissa and paid simiar to the previous poster.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

Hi just returned on Tuesday from Kamari.We found it more pricey than other islands weve stayed on but couldnt decide whether this is due to the euro being so poor at moment.Take away gyros are great value for about 2.50,with chicken,salad,tzatsiki and chips in a pitta.The hook bar at the rock end was best for value and a laid back no frills evening.We were averaging 25 euros each for starter,main,wine and water.The hook bar was about 17 each.Supermarkets sell ready made up baguettes for around 3.hope this helps.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

Thanks for all your replies. How much would you expect to pay for a lager. I don't drink much but was outraged when I was charged 7 euros for a lager in Rome recently. How much would you expect to pay for a bottle of wine with a meal?

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

Rome is very expensive though my Daughter has just come back from there.

We always get the house wine in Greece or even the retsina depending where we are and it is not bad at all.

We paid 2.5 to 3 Euros for wine in May but that was Agistri and so may be different to Santorini.

Surrey
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

We paid 3.50Euros for half a litre of house wine and I think about 8 Euros for a bottle of Santorini wine! Not bad! I think a bottle of Mythos was between 2.50 euros and 4 euros!

athens
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

Prices vary everywhere but you can always find economic places for lunch and drinks. Kamari beach side is full of taverns and coffee shops so you can aways check the prices and compare as they have menus on the street. The town is not expensive and you dont have to eat outside twice a day. Of course you can find many super markets for snacks or light lunch to keep in your fridge. Also may pubs have "happy hours" and offer a good price for drinks!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

You can get very good meals at Hotel Bellonias Villas on the sea front / boulevard.

We were paying about E.9.00 per person for the food but a pint of Mythos was E.5.00

The most expensive meal that I saw on the menu was E.19.00

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

We ate on the seafront most nights. Greek salad, 2 mains, a pint & a couple of cokes around 30-35 euros.

Suprmarkets sell fresh bread, snacks etc so it's very easy to make your own breakfast & lunch.

It is quite expensive, but then the exchange rate is pretty low right now & Kamari is a slightly " up market" resort. Lots of italians.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of food, drinks etc.

We found we were paying about 50 euros for our evening meal, which was usually starters for 2, 3 main meals, a couple of drinks for 3 (2 alcoholic and 1 soft), not forgetting the cover charge for 3.

beer, iced coffee, milk shakes etc all seemed to be rounded off at 5 euros, wherever we stopped for a break throughout the day. Our local supermarket sold freshly made rolls for about 2- 2.5 euros, which were great for lunch.

t was more expensive than Thassos, where we went in May, but maybe Thassos may have increased it's prices since then.

Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations