We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights Are Filling Up Fast

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flights Are Filling Up Fast

I seen some are now over 50% full, NYC to Athens for late May. I got a one stop going, Munich-Athens, and a direct back, Newark, May 13th thru the 29th. It will be my first non-Sept trip, maybe I'll see some green on this trip! LOLs

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

I wouldn't bank on seeing a great deal more green than in September. Apart from the vines, it's pretty much the same.

I think you have to be there pretty early in the year, probably March/April/early May to see the new vegetation.

Martin

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

Hey again and good goin' INXS2:-) Sounds like Lufthansa out and Continental on the return?! Agree w/bigsnitch on the 'green' issue..this isle is pretty barren regardless but does 'bloom' around April..Have been there early May myself and still somewhat colorful from all the beautiful flowers! Have a blast...and EnjoY!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

Thanks all, yes that's the airlines. I got worried about the Athens-Santorini-Athens. US air out of Philly was about $880 last week and went back up over 1K now. Phiily would be a 2.5 hr drive and Newark is only a train ride with no Parking costs. US Air had directs on both but there planes are older also so I glade with my choice. I think our cold weather has more people booking, they say we have at least two more weeks of much below average temps coming.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

Hmmm..I thought the little critter saw his shadow and it's 6 more weeks?;-) Anyway..sounds like EWR is much more convenient for you anyway..keep enjoyin'!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

I think they need agore to take pun. Phill's place so that we can have six more weeks of global warmming! LOLs Anyway Lista, have you every used the NYC Munich Athens connection? I was wondering about it, I assume the lugguage is sent over for the connection, being it's a so-called "Partnership Fare"? Well if I miss the connection so be it as long as I get there!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

Hey INXS2:-) Never used the Lufthansa/Munich connection..but am assuming you've booked it as a thru fare so your luggage should certainly be tagged through to Athens..Oftentimes they will give you your boarding pass for the connecting flight..other times you have to wait till you get to the connecting City (in this case, Munich), but since you booked it as a legal connection offered by the airline, wouldn't worry..Just to put your mind at easy..I once booked a through ticket from Athens to NYC w/a literal 40-45 min connection in Frankfurt via LTU (never heard of it at the time!)..couldn't believe we made it..and would never have booked it independent of each other..since it was offered as a through/connecting flight, went with it ~ whew! Close call, but made it..w/time to spare! Enjoyin'!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

That's what I thought Lista, thanks for verifing it!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights Are Filling Up Fast

Now the wait;-) Enjoyin'!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts