We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Widnes
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife

Hi all. I am looking to book a nice, romantic peaceful holiday for my fiancee and I. Kamari is on our list but I want to avoid a resort which is club and disco orientated. Tavernas and restaurants are our ideal night out. After reading reviews on Kamari some state as soon as the sun goes down its all disco orientated. Can anybody advise me on the nightlife and what to expect. Thank you

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
736 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

Its not in your face thats for sure, its very laid back and a really nice night out.

You could find bars where they will be open till the early hours or you can find a peaceful place to enjoy a glass of wine or two.

I wouldnt worry about it

thanks

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

I am just back from Kamari. It is a very nice village with wonderful atmosphere. It has a very long pedestrian zone along the sea with tones of tavernas and bars. Moreover, the prices are reasonable and the service is excellent. It is lively but quiet enough at night and you can find a taverna/bar of your choice (you can even choose the type of music and the type of food that you like). Two days ago I had one of the best Thai meals in Kamari for example.

The development of Kamari village is very interesting: I spoke with a guy who was born in Kamari and has lived there since. He told me that after the catastrophic earthquake in 1957 the Greek government moved all the residents of Meso Gonia (including his father) to Kamari. At that time there was nothing but fields in Kamari.

Widnes
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

Thanks for your quick reply!! I think I will book asap!! One more question!! I have seen a hotel called 28 boutique. Does anybody know anything about this or does anyone have any hotels they can recommend?! Thanks again

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
506 posts
497 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

Hi There...We stayed in Kamari last July...and loved it!! we are middle 40.s, and not into discos...found lots of restaurants and bars to finish off...is a really lovely place...

We stayed 10 mins walk outside of the main area..hotel is called Aegean View and really cant fault the hotel!! we loved it!! if u dont mind the stroll down into town, it is a v nice hotel..

Tracey..

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife

You should have no problem finding a bar that fits your nightlife needs, Oxygen, Ethnic are very nice and then you have Bars like Arion Bay and the Boat House that offer that personal touch, each are a little different yet I would think you will find them all worth a visit!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife

If you want romance and quiet Oia fits the bill MUCH more. But the bill will likely be MUCH higher :-)

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife

Hello there...for me the best location for holidays is Kamari..you can find everything...bars,restaurants,beach..

Of course its not like the nightlife of Fira but is nice..

You can visit the only open air Club Albatros and some bars famous like Love Boat,Ethnic and Just4..make your choice and let me know where did you like more..have fun..

Mark

8. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kamari