We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Widnes
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife

I have two questions I wonder if anyone can help...

1. We are arriving at our hotel approx at 10.30 pm and the chances are we will be starving.... where can we go at this time of night for a snack... a gyros maybe?

2. What time does Santorini start winding down at... restaurants stop serving.... pubs start to close?

Thanks in advance.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

I think you'll find that many of the restaurants will still be open at that time - it's not like the UK where if you try to order food 1 minute past 9 you get told that the kitchens closed.

If you're delayed and you find that the restaurants have closed, there'll still be plenty of places to get something, as you say, a gyro, or bear in mind that a lot of bakeries are open 24 hours.

Most restaurants are happy to serve food until quite late, I've seen people coming in at 11pm before now.

Most bars are happy to stay open as long as they've got customers - Dorians, in Perissa, is regularly open until 3am or even later, I would imagine Kamari is the same.

Martin

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
350 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Yeah definitely you can find many restaurants and bars for a drink open until very late all around the island and Kamari also. Close to the footbal field there in Kamari there is a canteen which grills souvlaki and it stays open until the very morning so try this and you will et suprised!

Edited: 19 May 2011, 07:01
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
736 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

Hi

The kantina on the road next to the football pitch will definatly be open, I think I've been there for a snack at about 3 in the morning. There's also a pizza place on the middle road where the pharmacy is, it's opposite the bus stop, I've been there for a late night snack.

There's a couple of gyros places along the front that should be open too

The bars stay open as long as your there really, no definate closing time. Ive been in Dom club until the suns came up.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

Greeks have a very different lifestyle, especially in summer. In Greece it is not uncommon to have a family dinner at 10 PM or even later. You will definitely have no problems finding food at late hours.

Widnes
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife

Thanks everyone for your replies... i can not wait for my holiday!

6. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 05:39
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations