We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamari or Perissa

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
shrewsbury
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Kamari or Perissa

Can anyone give some guidance please, we have been regular vivitors to Scala in Kefalonia, and absolutely love it and will continue to visit, howevere we are thinking of going to Santorini next year either Perissa or Kamari, any advice please,

thanks

Ian & Kim

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
699 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamari or Perissa

Hi

We returned from Santorini last Tuesday (our first visit) and we stayed in Kamari. We hired a car and drove to Perissa and in our opinion we feel we choose the right resort. As someone put it to us 'Perissa is more of a backpackers resort' whereas we felt there were a lot more tavernas and a better atmosphere in Kamari. But that was our opinion and others may not agree

2. Re: Kamari or Perissa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 11:42
perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamari or Perissa

'Perissa is more of a backpackers resort' yes I comfirm that, BUT I think perissa has more ''open beach place'' and better black sand beach from kamari and is cheapest. kamari is full from restaurants across the beach.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
699 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamari or Perissa

Hi

I agree that Perissa has a better beach than Kamari and may well be cheaper but in our view we felt that Kamari offered more in shops, tavernas and definitely more atmosphere. Choice also depends on ages and what you want from your holiday. We stayed there for two weeks but have said that should we return we would only go for one week as, although Santorini is a lovely island, there wasn't enough there for us once we had been to Fira and Oia (which are a must - fantastic). Again this is our opinion

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kamari or Perissa

I dislike Kamari for the same reasons as many people like it - to me it's too busy, commercial and I always feel like I'm being packed in like a sardine.

Perissa is quieter, but has some lovely hotels, restaurants and bars, as well as a much nicer (IMO) beach with more space to move around - Kamari always seems to be like row on row of sunbeds.

Martin

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kamari or Perissa

I have to agree with Martin. We always stay in Perissa which to us is more 'Greek'. We visit Kamari for lunch usually but are always glad to get back to Perissa. As said before, it all depends on your age and different people like different things from a holiday. We have already booked again for next year which will be our 7th visit! We do go other places as well! I am sure that you will have a wonderful holiday whichever one you choose.

newcastle
Level Contributor
191 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kamari or Perissa

Do both.... Half your time at each. I done this for years, but the last few years Kamari has been the place to stay for us.... But we have to visit Perissa to see Nikos at Dorians several times

8. Re: Kamari or Perissa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations