We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frodsham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

hi im thinking of going to this island on the 2nd of oct can annyone give me any idea what the weather is like arouind this time and what the meditteranean beach hotel all inc is like?

thanks in advance debs x

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

Can't say anything about your hotel as I don't go to Kamari (has all-inclusive finally arrived on Santorini?), but the weather at that time of year should still be pretty good.

Daytime temperatures will be high enough for shorts, t-shirts etc and the sea will be lovely and warm after having had all summer to heat up. That goes for hotel pools too as they're unheated.

It can start to get a bit chilly in the evening, particularly if it's a bit windy, and if you're sitting outside, so take a wrap/light sweater/jacket with you, just in case.

It'll still be busy, but you may find some places closed already. On the plus side, the hordes of high summer have long gone back to work so you shouldn't have any trouble getti ng around the pool or getting a table in a restaurant.

I always go at the end of September and apart from a couple of dodgy days once or twice, I've never had any problems weather-wise.

Martin

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

Have a look at the reviews here to see what previous guests have said. There a mixture of very satisfied and unhappy, but good, for the most part.

My worry with all-inclusive is that with only one restaurant, it might get a little monotonous. Also, make sure you're happy that you'd have to start paying for drinks gone 10.00pm. If you enjoy a late night tipple, it could work out rather expensive.

It's location seems to be near the airport, which isn't necessarily a problem as its not that busy. And I'd also check what part of Kamari it's located in. Just in case it's on the outskirts and its a walk into the resort - unless that's what you're after.

I don't know the hotel myself and I'm truly not trying to put you off it, but these are just questions I'd like answered before I made a booking.

Good luck.

Manchester, uk
Level Contributor
421 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

We always go to Kamari 1st week of October and its lovely. We have had lovely weather every time although as previously said it can get a bit chilly at night.

What is nice is that it isn't hectic. Everywhere is still open but you can get tables, sun beds etc.

Fira and Oia still get very busy with the cruise ships but still worth a visit.

Manchester, uk
Level Contributor
421 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

We always go to Kamari 1st week of October and its lovely. We have had lovely weather every time although as previously said it can get a bit chilly at night.

What is nice is that it isn't hectic. Everywhere is still open but you can get tables, sun beds etc.

Fira and Oia still get very busy with the cruise ships but still worth a visit.

Would not recommend all inclusive although I don't know the hotel. Part of the charm of Kamari & Santorini is the food, the locals, views etc and you won't get that in AI

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

Could be cool and windy at night, pretty empty for night life but Fira is always hopping! Best two go the 2nd wk in Sept!!!!!!!!!

Frodsham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

Hi thankyou for your replies I guess all inc is not common in santorini then but I've never been all inc so I might as well give it a try :/ I've looked on google earth and the hotel is on the outskirts but I read somewhere that there is a bus or taxis are available as always hopefully the walk wont be too far :) no we won't find 10 pm a problem for the all inc drinks to finish so that will be ok the weather sounds ideal and the fact that it won't be overly busy is perfect for us so I think ill go a head an book

Thanks again for your advice debs x

Edited: 23 January 2013, 13:14
London
Level Contributor
435 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

Going 'all inclusive' in a place like Santorini is like going to a chocolate shop on a diet. Petrifying, heart breaking, and totally pointless.

Just my two penneth, forgive me.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

When I hear "all-inclusive" I always think about that hotel in the comedy show, "Benidorm" - wall to wall burgers, pizza, chips and watered down drinks.

Hopefully, the OP will venture out of their compound and try to sample the amazing food that Santorini has to offer.

Martin

Edited: 02 February 2013, 23:24
Frodsham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

As I've never been I dont kow what to expect so all inc was at a good price so went for it :) I'm not one for staying around the hotel all day so we will probably have a few days of taking advantage of the all inc and the other 7 days taking advantage of the Greek cuisine :) any recommendations on places to go or see?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is Kamari like in the first week of oct?

What to see?

Climb up to Ancient Thera on top of the mountain that separates Kamari and Perissa. It's closed on Monday's (as are most museums). It's quite nice to walk up one side and down the other and take the water taxi back to where you started.

Visit Akrotiri. (Closed Monday's). Whilst you're there, walk down to the beach and see if any if the waterside tavernas are still open. Then continue along the path past the tavernas and you'll get to Red Beach. White Beach is only accessible via water taxi.

Go and experience the peaceful serenity of Pyrgos village. Taverna Kallisti is very good.

There is an outdoor cinema at Kamari, but it may have closed for the season by the time you're there

There's always opportunities to visit Fira and Oia.

If you're not hiring a car, the local bus system is cheap and regular.

Use the search facility on the forum the see what else is available.

Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations