We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canterbury
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
water

I have been to various greek islands and have drunk the tap water and have been ok. Going to santorini in may ,Kamari, Is it ok to dring their tap water.

thanks kathy

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water

It's safe to drink but doesn't taste very good. It has a high sodium content. Bottled water is inexpensive and is sold everywhere. You can even buy 6-paks of 2 litre bottles, making it even cheaper.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,673 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water

I'm usually OK drinking local water, but my stomach slightly rebelled the last time I just brushed my teeth with it on Santorini.

Since its so cheap, I agree with BLL - get your 6 x 2L and just decant some into a smaller bottle whilst you're out and about. Six bottles should be around €1.50-€2.00 (from memory).

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water

Island tap water varies a lot and can be very salty. I just default to bottled water for drinking purposes on any island.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: water

the tap water in santorini isnot for drinking, only in oia the tap water is for drinking, but is better to buy bottled water. and I propose you too to buy bottled water that cost 2-3euros per 6 bottles.

5. Re: water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations