We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the "huts"

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What are the "huts"

Curiouser as to the purpose of the rows of "huts" next to the football ground, does anyone know what they are for? Also what's the cost of a taxi from Kamari to the airport ?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the "huts"

Huts - no idea.

Taxis - here, santorini-taxi.gr/index.php…

Martin

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the "huts"

Maybe the description " huts" is incorrect. There are rows on small buildings with curved roofs , a small window on one side and a large door at the other end, all the windows are painted a different colour. There must be about six rows with 50or so "huts" in each row?

London
Level Contributor
435 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the "huts"

Animal storage.

Some have chickens, some have hens, some have donkeys. Either way, watch your footing when you walk past. That place opposite is called 'Minas', when translated, and is a very late night eatery for the local cabbies, bar workers and musicians.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the "huts"

Hi thanks for that. Seen the bar opposite and it looks like they have "local" prices - very cheep! Tonight they are showing spit roast suckling pig for only 12 Euros or sausage and cheese for 1.20 E. That's a real bargain.

London
Level Contributor
435 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the "huts"

I wouldn't get too excited - but hey, I've only ever been with local friends, in the small hours, after a skinful of Mythos. It's really a grill station though. For really lovely food, carry on down the road and come across Koralli. It's on a cross road by the car park, just before the road is gated off at the sea front. That's my current favourite in Kamari.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the "huts"

Hi we'll look out for Koralli tonight. Thanks Pete

Edited: 10 September 2013, 13:53
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the "huts"

They built them after the earthquake 1956 for the many earthquake-victims. Later they were used as store rooms or for animals.

Ingela

Edited: 10 September 2013, 15:14
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the "huts"

That €12 is per KILO of suckling pig. Don't order two kilos by mistake! Half a kilo was considerably more than my old lady and I could manage. Best bargain in town!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the "huts"

Went to Koralli yesterday. The meal was very good - rocket salad, and kleftico for us both. Only slight minus is that they don't accept credit cards. Pete

London
Level Contributor
435 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the "huts"

Pleased it was good. I always use cash abroad, so apologies I couldn't warn you in advance. I like it there - just a little nicer in terms of the table settings, bread and dips etc. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations