We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

Hello,

I just wanted an advice about transportation between the airport and Kamari town. The hotel offered to do it for 15 euros for the 2 of us. Is that a good deal, or getting a taxi at the airport should be even cheaper as the town is so close to the airport.

Many thanks

newcastle -upon-tyne
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

i would go for the the hotel price ...when you have spent nearly four hours on the plane you just want to get there ...yes Kamari is not far but the hassle to get a taxi to take you there is really not worth it.i'm surprised the hotel did not offer a free tranfer we get picked up by the owner of the Kaforous and it is free also i'm sure the Seaside hotel do the same.which hotel are you staying in???

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

thanks for your advice. Yes, we are staying at the Seaside hotel, but they offered to pick us up for 15 euros. I also was hoping it will be free of charge :(

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

Although some hotels do free transfers, I suspect that they are a discretionary privilege that they will offer to regular guests.

Some of the more upmarket places in Oia will offer "free" transfers, but at the prices they tend to charge for the rooms, it's the least you can expect, although I'm sure they factor the cost of the transfer into the whole cost of the rooms.

I've been using the same hotel for several years now and always get a free transfer, but they charged me the first couple of years I stayed there.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 11:55
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

It is fair point. But do you think catching a taxi would be cheaper than a transfer? many thanks

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

Cost-wise, it's probably 50/50. Personally, I'd prefer to know that I've got someone waiting for me in the arrivals hall, all ready to whisk me away to my hotel, rather than queue up for an unknown length of time waiting for one of the taxis.

One year, I spent the best part of an hour waiting for a taxi due to airline operational issues that meant 3 flights arrived within half an hour of each other.

Santorini airport can just about cope with one flight at a time, so three caused major logistical problems all round.

Go for the transfer and save yourself some hassle.

Here's a link to the taxi company so you can see the prices.

http://santorini-taxi.gr/

Edited: 28 April 2014, 12:15
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,451 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

For the sake of €15 via the hotel, I'd accept that. I doubt you'd get much cheaper via the taxi company at the airport and to do that, you'd probably have to share with at least one or two others and possibly be dropped off after them.

In the context of the price of a holiday, I'd pay it and, as Martin says, at least know you've got transport waiting for you once you arrive.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

Many thanks for your help. 5 Euros wont make a big difference :) If you would be kind also to advice me if I can buy a Guide of Santorini at the airport by any chance or anywhere in the island?

many tahnks

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

At the airport or anywhere on the island.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,451 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

This used to be widely available on the island for free - looks as if you have to pay for it these days:

www.santoriniguidebook.gr/index.php…

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel transfer or taxi to Kamari from the airport?

Many thanks for all your help. Its so much to take in and plan, but I guess most of it can be done while I'm in Santorini...and I hope it will be swimming time by next week 7-11th of May , fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations