We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamari Square

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Kamari Square

Hi visiting in approx 12 days never been before. Can you tell me how to get to the square we are staying at sirigos studios. Also any recomendations for authentic greek tavernas thanks in advance

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,216 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamari Square

There's no square as such in Kamari Beach. To get to the centre - Out front turn left down the hill 200yds turn left, 100yds and you are on the seafront more or less in the centre.

They should have a map in the reception area. It's like this one:

http://www.aegeancafe.gr/aegean_map.jpg

santolife.com/files/downloads/KamariMap.jpg

For authentic Greek tavernas I go to Anafi the island you see from the beach.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamari Square

You will be able to find some authentic tavernas outside popular areas. For example, we often stop at tavernas en route from Koloumpos to Fira (take the eastern road facing the sea). We especially like the one just before reaching Fira, but I can't remember its name.

There are also some very popular and touristy tavernas which still serve very good food and offer a decent Greek experience. For example, there are two in Monolithos (I think they are called Mario and Gallini), there's one near Vlychada (Psaraki) and of course the most popular Cretan restaurant in Meso Gonia (Metaxi mas).

Edited: 22 May 2014, 17:15
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,836 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamari Square

For example, there are two in Monolithos (I think they are called Mario and Gallini).

======================

Correct. Both are on the right of the airport boundary road if you're coming by car, heading towards Monolithos. Both of them are located right on the beach. Galini's is closer to Kamari (I've eaten here and it was very good), whilst Mario's is nearer to Monolithos.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamari Square

An even more authentic tavern is Skaramagas at Monolithos beach. Excellent food and good rates.

Then Aegialos on Exo Gialos beach is very authentic. Home cooked food in this little excellent tavern!

Ingela

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kamari Square

Efharisto

6. Re: Kamari Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations