We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

I am trying to figure out how to get here from the Thira Airport (JTR). I would like to take the bus from the airport to the hotel. There is a bus stop 50m from the hotel. Which bus must I take and how do I know which bus stop it is? How much is the bus? Thanks!! Hotel address: kamari, 84700 santorini, greece

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

When the airport bus leaves the airport on its way to Fira it will turn left out of the airport road. Just ahead about 1km is the road to Kamari, another left turn. Have the driver let you off at that intersection and flag down the next bus coming from Fira on the way to Kamari. Each bus will charge €1.6 per person. 84700 is not a street address, it's the village postal designation. You'll still have to determine which stop the hotel is located near so you know when to get off the bus. There are at least 5 bus stops in Kamari.

Taking a taxi will be a lot faster and easier. The driver should know where the hotel is located, but have the hotel phone number with you so he can call for directions in case he doesn't know the location.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 20:32
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

Thank you so much!! If you don't mind me asking (I see your name on a lot of santorini posts) - we would like to go to santo winery too. We get to santorini around 1700 so it might be nice to head there after checking in at the hotel. If it's not too far. Do you know if a bus goes from kamari to there? I've emailed the winery for their address but haven't heard back. I want to know how to get there, if it's close to our hotel, or if we should plan the winery a day we are in another area. So hard to know how close everything is and how to find what we want to do! :( we leave next week and I think I'm just having pre-vacation anxiety! ;)

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

If you've not already found them, here's a map of the island so you can familiarise yourself with the different villages:

http://www.santorini-web.com/map. pdf

Or the local bus company. Click on 'Services' for the timetable and note the times each journey takes so you can plan your timings:

www.ktel-santorini.gr/ktel

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

The Kamari>Ferry Port (Athinios) bus will stop near Santo Wines _IF_ it's running when you are there. Ask the driver to let you off when you first board the bus. Otherwise you will have to take a bus into Fira to catch a bus to the winery. I think you'd be better off planning for a visit on another day so you can just relax when you first arrive and get familiar with your surroundings.

Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

Thanks!! :)

6. Re: Adonis Hotel Santorini - Kamari - bus from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations