We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good family friendly Laganas AI hotel??

Which Laganas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Good family friendly Laganas AI hotel??

Hi, I want to go to Laganas with my family next year. I went about 10 years ago and loved it.

Ideally I'd like to go all inclusive as it's just so much easier with the kids, also somewhere with some form of kids entertainment/kids disco in the early evening. I have no idea if anything like this exists in Laganas or not and was hoping I could be pointed in the right direction if it does..

There will be 5 of us in total, me, the wife, 2 kids (5&7) and my mum (She gets a free holiday for babysitting!).

I'd like to be close-ish to the town but the most important thing is being close to the beach. My Mum and youngest are both asthmatic and from memory know that the hill in the centre of town will not be good for them.

I realise that this kind of hotel is rarely "On the strip". As long as it's close to the beach I can handle a 10-15 minute walk to the town.

The kids would love it here but I would stick to trusty, boring old Spain if I can't find the right accommodation.

Ideally I don't want to pay over £1000 each but realise this may be tricky. However the cheaper the better!

If there is somebody out there that could recommend anywhere that sounds suitable it'd be really appreciated.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good family friendly Laganas AI hotel??

I recall seeing this one, its on the edge of the resort and right on the beach

louishotels.com/hotel_GRE_ZTH-ZANB_Louis_Zan…

Thomson have it in their brochure.

There must be more but not up to speed with AI in Laganas.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good family friendly Laganas AI hotel??

Personally I would give Laganas a miss!! We used to love it there but it has really changed, we stayed in Kalamaki this year and went to Laganas for a day, a trip down memory lane!!! Boy what a shocker!!! We found it so different loads of 18 - 30 the restaurants we used to love have now adapted to suit the burger and chip brigade, it felt dirty and just like Blackpool, even the restaurants were saying its a dying resort that families dont come anymore, we walked along the beach about 10 at night and saw several couples having sex on the sunbeds!!! My recommendation would defintly be Tsivili we love it there it has everything, I would recommend the Zante Maris which is 4 star and on the beach. We are going to Tsvili twice next year. Good luck.

peterborough
Level Contributor
978 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good family friendly Laganas AI hotel??

I would not recommend Laganas either for a family such as yourselves.

Try Kalamaki or Tsivili..the Bitazaro Grand in Kalamaki is A.I and is very highly rated...take a look at the reviews section of Trip Advisor for more ideas.

4. Re: Good family friendly Laganas AI hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Laganas
Recent Conversations