We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Hey,

Iv been looking at the Savvas apartments in laganas (Zante) and I'v noticed a lot of the bad reviews (on this website and others) come from people who have been on a club 18-30 holiday and stayed here.

Frankly some of the reviews are dreadful but Id love to hear from someone who hasnt booked with a club 18-30 holiday and has stayed in this apartment anyway. Is it as bad as they say? Did you get one of the nicer rooms because you werent with club 18-30?

I get the impression they dont treat those guys too well since its a low budget holiday!

Im hoping to go to laganas in june this year with my partner and another couple ( BTW where all 19-20!)

Any replies are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

I think if you book into a 18-30 hotel (even if your not booked with them) your going to get the full wonderful experience. Which I can tell you from experience was the worst holiday, sorry nightmare id ever been on ( I did and 18 -30 in my 20’s). These hotels are purely geared to make maximum profit. You’ll find that the food and drink around the pool will be a lot dearer than other hotel pools. The quality of service may not be of a high standard as there’s no requirement to please the customers as its very unlikely that any one will come become a regular and return year after year. It will be noisy up until the very late and the pool will be chaos with the drunken 18-30’s pool games and such. There are loads of very good apartments and studios in Laganas where you can enjoy the nights and chill during the day. However If its cheap and all you want is a bed to crash in then it’ll probably be fine.As for the rooms they will most likley be the same.

Ian

Edited: 02 February 2011, 12:36
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Thanks a mill for your reply. Yeah I kinda guessed that alright that its going to be chaos but to be honest we dont plan to stay in the apartments that much, were just heading for the week so we plan to be out most of the day on trips to see the island and go out at night.

Its a cheap option (purely cos the flights are costing us so much) so im not expecting that much. What was your room like? Was it really that bad, dirt wise??

And another thing, whats the deal with leaving your passport in with them? thats hardly too safe? Im not happy leaving it in but I hear its done in a lot of apartments for security reasons.

Maybelle

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Most places in Greece ask you to leave your passport or ID card with them, some keep it just for a day or so, while they take your details down, others keep it for the duration of your stay. It's common in other countries too, I've seen the same in Cyprus and Italy. I wouldn't worry about it.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Hi there

I have to agree - Club 18-30 hotels, even if they do let out rooms independantly, will still be full of revellers coming back at all hours of the morning after their evening's boozing.

If this doesn't appeal to you, why not look at a different resort on the island? Lots to choose from - Lampi, Tigaki, Mastihari, Marmari, Kefalos, Agios Stephanos, etc, etc - none of these are 18-30 resorts so you won't need to be worried about getting woken up at silly o'clock or finding piles of empty beer bottles outside your front door..

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

"If this doesn't appeal to you, why not look at a different resort on the island? Lots to choose from - Lampi, Tigaki, Mastihari, Marmari, Kefalos, Agios Stephanos, etc, etc "

Wrong island.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Ooeer, yes, must have had the GPS switched off this afternoon.....

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

As Ian said there are some nicer apartments around laganas that aren't 18-30 so you might just find one at a price to suit without the 18-30 brigade partying 24/7 and maybe a better chance of a decent room. An alternative resort is Kalamaki which is only 10 mins in a taxi from the clubs of laganas. The resort is spread out and has a real mix of accommodation, bars and restaurants and attracts people of all ages. Tsilivi is also one of the busier resorts but further away from Laganas but close to Zante town.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

Thanks everyone its a great help!

Thanks TINSEY for your reply too. Just got a bit worried about leaving a passport but if they'll take an ID I would rather do that to be on the safe side.

Not to worry im sure il still have a good time, anyone recommend day trips on the island?

Maybelle

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

I have been visiting Zakynthos for around 17 years using a variety of apartments/hotels and have never been asked to hand over my passport to reception. However, in Fuerteventura (Canary Islands), my other fave holiday island, it is the norm.

UK
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Didnt book with club 18-30, will we get a better room??

I've never left a passport in Zante, but have been asked for it in other places & just about every place has been happy with a photocopy of the details page so I'd advise taking a copy or 2 with you. They only need to take a copy of the ID details so they can fill in their "registration" details at a more convenient time (for them) rather than when checking in multiple guests