We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local Bus service

Which Laganas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
local Bus service

Hi guys

Going to Zante for the first time on the 18thsept for 2weeks and staying at the helen studios in Laganas

We were wondering is there a local bus service that runs to Kalamalki(sp?) from laganas also if it is possible to get a local bus into Zante town as we are meant to be meating another couple there one day.

Also if there is any places that you would recomend that we visit that we could do ourselves by just getting on a bus we wont be driving enjoy to much of a drink whilst we are on holiday and like to just pop in for a beer or wine when the mood takes us and not need to worry about driving

Also does anyone know if there is a large supermarket such as Lidl or model near or in Laganas just we normally find these cheaper than the small tourist ones

Cheers for any advice or info

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local Bus service

Yes there are buses that run to Zante town though how frequently they run i do not know.As for Kalamaki,it would probably be easier to get a cab as it is very close to Laganas or you could allways walk if you are energetic and get a cab back.

In Zante town you have some great cafes in the main square and some good restaurants.If you again feel energrtic there is the castle/fortress but it is a steep walk to get up to,though the views are worth it.There is the harbour of course.What peaple dont very often mention is the church.Im not religeous but some fantastic murals and artwork and of course st dennis the islands saints coffin is kept here.

There is a lidl but i think you may need to get a cab,its not far from Laganas but the cost i think would far outweigh the saving.So i think the local shops are your best bet.Im sure there are many other places you can visit by bus but cannot comment further as we hire a car.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local Bus service

The Lidl is afew KM's outside Zante Town, so a fair distance from Laganas / Kalamaki, but it is on the bus route to Zante town so you could easily stop off ( I would Imagine ) We didn't use the bus service but locals said that the service to and from Zante town was good, other parts of the Island were not as well served.

Depending when you are going there is currently a large market (open24 hours) in Zante town as part of the St Dennis celebrations, it's on the harbour front to the south of the town about 300m from the church where Dennis is located.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local Bus service

Barry they arrive 18th september,St Dennis will be safely tucked back in his box and market and celebrations will be over.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local Bus service

the timetable is at the bottom of this link

http://www.zanteweb.co.uk/transportation.html

5. Re: local Bus service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Laganas
Recent Conversations