We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rest and Relaxation?

Hampshire, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Rest and Relaxation?

Hi,

I am off on my first ever holiday in just over a week to Laganas , Zante. As we booked with such short notice (due to passport issues) we didn't fully research just took the very cheap deal available!

Now that I have paid and had time to research I am worried this may not be the place for us? I am looking for a relaxing holiday. We aren't the kind of people who enjoy clubbing and I am now really worried with some of the information I have found online.

When booking I was really keen about the boat trips to see the turtles e.g. (I am a biologist) and worry have I made the wrong choice?

Please help!

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

Hi Mel-we're very late forties & just back from Malia (Crete) & had a great time. No need to worry just do your own thing-find nice tavernas/bars & enjoy. Don't worry about the 'clubbing' scene. That's not for us either & will not bother us one jot! Zakynthos is lovely-as are all the Greek Islands. Just go & enjoy. We only booked last night & had a great deal-so we took it & go 22/8 for 11 nights & only £284 for 2 of us. Weather's great, beers are cold & the Greek people very friendly-just enjoy as we will! Yamas!

Hampshire, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

Hi,

Thank you for replying! You have made me feel a lot better. :-)

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

You will have a great time.There is a long strip of bars and clubs for the youngsters but lots of good tavernas and bars away from this area.Many peaple in there fourties and fiftys visit Laganas year after year and do not go clubbing.If you do fancy a change of scenery then the resort of Kalamaki is only a 30 to 40 minute walk away or a cheap taxi fair.The boat trips and and trips can be booked at one of the many tour offices in resort.You are in fact in one of the best resorts to snorkle with or spot a loggerhead turtle.Im sure you will have a great time.Enjoy your well deserved holiday.

Hampshire, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

Hi,

Thank you for replying! You have made me feel a lot better. :-)

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

Mel-relax & as Zantepete says enjoy. Pretty sure you will as Zante is lovely. Been 3 times & this will be my 22nd Greek Islands holiday with Corfu to come in sept. Yamas!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

The bar / club area in Laganas is basically one street a few hundred mts long, It is busy from 10pm - 6 am during the day people surface around 2 / 3 pm, other than that it's very quiet. And if you go a mile or so away from the resort it's completly different.

Hampshire, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

Thank you for the replies! Another quick question. Would you recommend booking excursions online before travelling or after arriving? Thanks :-)

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

In our opinion-book there after having a look around in the various outlets & checking prices etc. Never book with the rep as generally the prices are more. Unless we go to an island that we've never been to, we don't attend the welcome meetings either but that's our choice. Regards!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
359 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

Hi , just chill ! me & hubbie 40 & 46 but are going for the clubs , but saying that we just got back from Marmaris and never made it past 1oclock , lol ! been to Laganas before and our friends with kids stayed in Kalamaki so we did alternate nights plus had a chilled night in Zante town , did loads of exploring during the day and hired quads etc . we loved sitting in the bars and beach people watching . enjoy your hols

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rest and Relaxation?

book the trips when you get there.as said in earlier post many tour offices and they will advise you on all the trips on offer.