We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laganas beach

Hull uk
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Laganas beach

Hey all, can you walk to a different town via the beach. Heard bad reviews that laganas beach is dirty and crampt. Was looking to maybe walk onto a really nice one if there is such? Ta

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,244 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laganas beach

during the main crazy laganas season I would imagine the beach being busy and maybe the tourists would litter etc but the main season is july august.before and after it is quiter. the beach when I have visited in june and September is always clean and lots of space. in answer to your question you can walk all the way to kalamaki along a very long stretch of beach.takes about thirty to fourty minutes I think. the other way is also a long stretch of beach that goes to agios sostis and cameo island.i think you may need to paddle for a few hundred yards as the beach becomes rocks.but you can always walk round on the road if you don't fancy paddling.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 19:36
Hull uk
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laganas beach

Cheers zante Pete for the info. Going on September 7th. U recommend any nice restaurants in laganas?

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laganas beach

"cramped and dirty",thats certainly not how we remember Laganas beach,Laganas itself might have a negative reputation for certain things but we have nothing but fond memories of a lovely long stretch of pure sand and clear clean shallow waters and plenty of room to lay where we wanted,maybe at the end of the strip it might get messed up a bit after the nightime shenanigans but what we saw of it we have nothing but positive things to say about the beach.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,244 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laganas beach

I actually stay in Argassi another resort so sorry cant recomend any restaurants.Take a look at the Laganas restaurant review section.Maybe have a look at the Kalamaki restaurants as well as you can stroll here in the evening and its only a few minutes back by taxi.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laganas beach

Laganas water is clear and warm. you can walk quite far out. sand had a few cig butts laying about but ......

wasnt cramped either I was there first week of August. Was a bit busier where the bars were blasting music thats all.

Restaurants usualy do deals 12, 15 or 20 euros plus 3 free drinks for a 3 course meal. food is generaly decent. just try anywhere. They are all catering to visitors anyway so once they have you in 1 time youll see the restaurant touts wont bother you again. I got beers. All the spirits in LAganas are watered down and if youre in a bar or whatever at night they are watered down there. some places say you can drink all night for 10 euros. when you drink the stuff you realise why they charge 10 euros

Edited: 04 September 2014, 21:59
6. Re: Laganas beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Laganas
Recent Conversations