We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

Bellaire, TX
2 posts
Save Topic
Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

What a waste of money and time. This place shouldn't even call itself a museum. A group of 9 of us made the mistake of purchasing a dual ticket when we were at the Norman Rockwell Museum (very nice by the way). Ventfor Hall is a collection of garage sale knick knacks that don't even have any relevance to the period. The house is so torn up there isn't much to see and they charge 2 entrance fees. $12 to see the downstairs, $12 to see the upstairs. OUTRAGEOUS.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

I am always fascinated by folks who show up for the 1st time to slam a place. How was the rest of your trip? Apparently, you didn't need any advice on what to do from TA (which is quite ok) or were you "lurking" and found what you needed.

While I would generally agree with you, my visit wasn't so upsetting that I had to trash it 3 times in 2 minutes. Also, it is in the process of renovations and raising money for this is not easy in these times.

So, it is not a waste to visit, but depending on what you like, it is always good to know what to expect.

www.gildedage.org/index.php…

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

Instead of a posting to the forum, you may wish to write a review in the attraction review section of TA:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g41639-d32…

Try to be fair about what you liked or didn't like.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

I've never even heard of Ventfort Hall and have no idea what it is.

Would you say I should avoid both the upstairs AND the downstairs or is one or the other worth seeing?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

I just looked it up and found out that Ventfort Hall Mansion is a historic, Jacobean-style mansion and museum in Lenox. Visitors can tour the furnished mansion and learn about the changes that occurred in American life, industry, and society during the late 19th Century period known as the Gilded Age. So no wonder the writer was disappointed. He was probably expecting articles like in the MFA, arther than a historic mansion.

5. Re: Don't go to the Ventfort Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 06:18