We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockbridge Country Inn, Cranwell or Jimminy Peak w/kids?

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
628 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stockbridge Country Inn, Cranwell or Jimminy Peak w/kids?

We are traveling to the Berkires Columbus Day weekend with our 7 y.o.. We wanted to stay someplace somewhat upscale. Which of these places would be best with a child in tow?

We plan on doing the Berkshires Museum, Moca, hiking (Mt. Greylock?), kids activities, pumpkin picking...

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockbridge Country Inn, Cranwell or Jimminy Peak w/kids?

My vote definitely goes to staying at Jiminy Peak.

There are a TON of things to do there for a 7 year old. They have the Aerial Adventure Park, pricey, but I'm sure he would love that.

The resort is also holding their anuual Fall Festival with a craft fair and bbq that weekend, which should be a good time.

All the places you have on your bucketlist are within an easy drive from Jiminy. Berkshire Museum is down in Pittsfield, MoCA isn't too far up in North Adams, Greylock is a short drive and you can go check out nearby Green River Farms for pumpkin picking and MUCH more.

http://www.greenriverfarms.com/

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
628 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockbridge Country Inn, Cranwell or Jimminy Peak w/kids?

Thank you for your reply. JP it is. My parents, in their 80's, have decided to join us there. Are we better off staying in one of the condos at the mountain, either at the base or mountainside, or in a slightly larger house 2 miles away available through VRBO? Prices are about the same between the base condos and the house.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockbridge Country Inn, Cranwell or Jimminy Peak w/kids?

I guess that depends on what you plan on doing at the resort itself. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to be a guest of the resort if you wish to use the facilities like the aerial adventure park?

I think it would be much more fun to stay at Jiminy Peak itself, but with your parents coming along, that may sway you towards renting the house.

I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of where you decide to stay out there.

4. Re: Stockbridge Country Inn, Cranwell or Jimminy Peak w/kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Berkshires