We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lennox vs Lee?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
383 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Lennox vs Lee?

We're staying two nights in the fall and can't decide between the Gateways Inn in the heart of Lennox town or a highly-rated, beautiful countryside estate in Lee that is a mile off the main road. We'll have a baby with stroller for lots of walking and think nothing of walking 5 miles a day but... Not sure how to choose between the two locations. Primarily interested in seeing Norman Rockwell museum and visiting Stockbridge. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
383 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lennox vs Lee?

My apologies for the misspell of Lenox!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lennox vs Lee?

I'm not an expert on the area, but my impression is that Lenox is prettier and has more things that would be nice to walk to. I think Lee is a bit more scattered . . . that might be an unfair impression since I usually just pass through Lee.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
383 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lennox vs Lee?

You can easily travel from one town to the other. We like Lenox better. Just a generally nicer town IMHO. More galleries, very good restaurants (Lee has good restaurants as well), and more compact.

I'll send you a brief overview of the area via "message".

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lennox vs Lee?

seems the choice is really more about lodgings since the Lee property is not on the main road anyway. Pick the one that seems most attractive to you and don't worry about it. They are so close, it won't make a difference unless staying "downtown" Lenox makes that big a difference.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
383 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lennox vs Lee?

Thanks all... I've chosen Lee. Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!

6. Re: Lennox vs Lee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:40