We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to visit the Berkshires

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
when to visit the Berkshires

We are seniors planning to stay at the Wyndham Bentley Brook in Hancock for a week in Sept. Our interest is art and history. Is there much to do in Sept. or have things closed up. Is the weather good then?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

September is a wonderful time to visit the Berkshires. The summer events like Tanglewood have ended but there is still a lot to do, especially in terms of art & history. Here is a good link:

http://berkshires.org/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

order the free guide and sign up for the e newsletter. sometimes the weather is nice, sometimes it is not. will have a better idea as the time gets closer.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

Fall is one of my favorite seasons in the Berkshires. September is generally too early for the foliage (although these days, who knows), but you can still enjoy the many crisp days with brilliant blue sky and sun. Many of the cultural options are still available.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
324 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

Perfect time to visit the Berkshires. I'll send you an overview of stuff to do via message center, virtually all of which are available in the fall. (Too lengthy for post).

Yelverton
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

Could you send it to me to?

Thanks

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
324 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

JulesY... No problem. I'll send today.

7. Re: when to visit the Berkshires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16