We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a restaurant/inn from the late 1970s

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a restaurant/inn from the late 1970s

If you TA folk have any leads on this you should win some sort of award.  I am looking for the name and location of an inn/restaurant in the Berkshires that I worked at in a summer in the late 1970s when I was a college kid.  I have Googled this every way that I can think of but I have found nothing.  It was a two story building, set back from the road by a long driveway.  The restaurant was French and had about a dozen tables.  The guest rooms were upstairs.  There was a pool in the back.  The place was on the west side of whatever road it was on.  My guess is that the road was Route 7, but I have virtually driven 7 on Street View and I did not see it. Driving to work from Stockbridge, it was definitely north of I90 and it definitely was on one of the main north/south roads. It was not on the way to the Stockbridge Bowl. I did not drive through the town centers of Lee or Lenox to get there.  I waited on celebrities such as Norman Mailer, Joan Kennedy and a few others, so it must have been well known.  The owners were a husband wife couple.  He was a former accompanist for Edith Piaf.  The wife was commissioned to write the sequel to Gone With The Wind.  That author was Alexandra Ripley, and I've read every bio that I could find, but none connects her with the Berkshires. Those are all the clues that I have.  Thanks for any help.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a restaurant/inn from the late 1970s

You might post this also over on the Boston board at chowhound.com. Those folks know food, even old food!

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a restaurant/inn from the late 1970s

Good idea, thanks.

3. Re: Looking for a restaurant/inn from the late 1970s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Berkshires