We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

conn
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

I'm looking for a comfortable place to stay with public fireplace, preferrably handicap accessable (recently had foot surgery) and some nice local places to eat. My wife and I would like to go between Christmas and New Years for 1-2 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Open to other area suggestions.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
344 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

If you are looking for a nice town with many restaurants in a consolidated area I'd suggest Lenox, or Great Barrington. Lee is also a good choice.

There are many B&B listing for each town on T.A. in a wide variety of price ranges.

Friends of ours stayed at Blantyre. Pricey and a little outside the main town, but a beautiful place to stay.

conn
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

Thanks for the info.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

How about the Red LIon Inn in Stockbridge? We've never stayed there but have had lunch there several times. Very picturesque. www.redlioninn.com

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

We've stayed at the Red Lion a few times, it is wonderful!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

Check out the Stockbrige Chamber of Commerce website:

www.stockbridgechamber.org/where_to_stay.html

If you go to the Red Lion try not to be on the Route 7 side. Way too noisy with trucks stopping and starting at the stop side by the inn. Whatever you do I would act quickly. The more popular places fill up.

conn
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

Red Lion looks great, appreciate the info.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
344 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

Just another opinion, we have had two sets of friends stay at the Red Lion and neither liked it. Really nice place for a drink on the deck, but they returned poor reviews for their stay.

Also, although the town is very picturesque it is very tiny (even by Berkshires standards) with not a lot of dining or shops/gallery choices.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

I have stayed at the Red Lion several times and with the exception of the Route 7 noise comment in my earlier post I have always found it to be first rate in all other aspects. I certainly would not call Stockbridge "very tiny." And the OP is only going to be there for 1 or 2 days so I still think that Stockbridge is the best fit.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

I too have stayed at the Red Lion several times and really enjoyed it. By Berkshire standards, Stockbridge is actually one of the larger towns. Not sure what the expectations were here....

conn
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for small hotel/B&B in the Berkshires.

Looking for a quick getaway, at a clean place a little over an hour from my home along Ct coast line.Red Lion looks good, probably would eat at their pub.