We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

We are driving from Mystic, CT to St Johnsbury, VT and looking for a place to stop over for the night. It would be nice if it was in or near a quaint little village or some historical landmark, but mostly we just need cheap. One example I've found is Whitcomb Summit Retreat in Florida, MA. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

Check out the Briarcliff Motel in Great Barrington, updated rooms & (delicious) breakfast is included. Great Barrington is a wonderful town.

http://thebriarcliffmotel.com/

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

did you look at the B&B reviews here on TA??

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

Many B&Bs will not accept a one night reservation.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

Of course I checked Trip Advisor. But again, I'm looking for advice from people that know the drive between point A and B, and might have a RECOMMENDATION. And yes, it is just one night and some places don't accept one night. Thank you all for your replies.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
313 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

Which route are you taking? The most direct drive from Mystic to St Johnsbury doesn't go through the Berkshires. If you're going via the highway/interstate you may want to check in or near Shelburne Falls. It's real close to the drive, small enough to walk through in a few hours, and the Bridge of Flowers is really nice.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

I would look into Northampton, a nice college town, or Brattleboro VT, a quaint boho town in southern VT. Both have good restaurants and places to stay.

7. Re: 1 night in the Berkshires... Can you recommend a B&B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Berkshires