We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titan Tours, California and the Golden West...

Cornwall, UK.
Level Contributor
8 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Titan Tours, California and the Golden West...

Me and my partner have booked for the Titan Tour California and the Golden West leaving on the 11th May 2012, I'm 21 and my partners 25, was just wondering what the age-range usually is for this tour? It got recommended to us by a family friend, and after looking at the excursions etc with LA, universal studios, disney, vegas, grand canyon etc it seemed like the perfect tour for us and was cheap. Age doesn't bother us but it would be nice if we had some younger people with us also, or if any young couples have gone on this tour before than feedback would be much appreciated :)

Also any feedback from anyone who's been on this trip would be appreciated, what the coach is like, and the tour in general.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Titan Tours, California and the Golden West...

Hello, Danni and welcome to the California Desert forum.

This tour covers not only a lot of California but also a good part of Arizona and southern Nevada (Las Vegas). The deserts - Mojave (high) and Colorado (low) of California - high and low referring to their elevation above sea level - are wide, expansive places, but it's not all you will see on this tour. For a wider array of responses I recommend reposting your question to the California forum, which is here: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…

Since I'm a nice 'dog, I'll fill you in a bit here. Titan Tours has been around in California and the western United States for a good number of years, and run a respectable business. I've driven these tours - but not for this specific company - back in the 1990s and enjoyed being the tour driver on these routes. I would see a good variety of ages, but not always those of your age range. So be aware, and I hope you make a friend or two while on tour. You might also want to contact Titan to see if they can tell you of others in your age range who have already booked this particular tour.

The coach should prove to be new or newer, and quite modern in its amenities. Ask Titan for specifics. You'll enjoy an onboard toilet/washroom on board in the back, and if the driver is like me, some beverages will be available on board.

This is what I would call California and the American West 101 (if it were a university level course). An introduction, but not a specialty tour of any particular place in any depth. As a consequence, you are only seeing the Grand Canyon for only one day, and Yosemite National Park gets the typical short shrift and covers only the Yosemite Valley floor. . . there's much more to see, and much hiking that goes with it. Hearst San Simeon State Historic Park in San Simeon - Hearst Castle in the tourist vernacular - is also omitted. Nevertheless, this is a good introductory tour. Not the best out there - and the best takes more time and money - but a good level intro tour.

My better tour itineraries when I was a tour driver included two nights at the Grand Canyon and Hearst Castle. Other than that, Titan's got the bases covered pretty well considering the number of days on tour as well as where such a large vehicle 40 feet long can go. . . you can't drive such a conveyance just anywhere and park it into any parking spot, after all! (broad smile) You'll have three days on your own. . . Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Anaheim. (The driver will appreciate the chance to take care of maintenence issues and get some rest. . .)

Some days you will be in the coach more of the time, and some days you'll be in and out. Many days you'll be in a different place. Only two time zones: Pacific and Mountain.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,358 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Titan Tours, California and the Golden West...

You will be very busy on this tour. Some would say that too much is being covered in too short a time.

That may be....but when I was a little older than you....still in my twenties....my husband's company gave us a free 'tour of Europe'. It was three weeks and covered.....ready?...England, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. It was called in those days....."If it is Tuesday,it must be Belgium".

It was hectic....luggage out early, catch the bus, etc. But I have never regretted it. We have been back to Europe many times since then and the first experience gave a a really good reference for planning more leisurely trips.

And a good time to do this is when you are young and resilient.

Have a good time and enjoy.

Edited: 19 October 2011, 23:59
Cornwall, UK.
Level Contributor
8 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Titan Tours, California and the Golden West...

Hi thankyou for your replies, i have put this onto the california forum also thanks for the advice!

I'm expecting it to be hectic and a lot of travelling, i don't mind that though. I'm not the sort of person to spend too long in one place I like to see things and then move on. This will be our first trip to America so will be a nice base for us to see it and then go back to places we want to see again and loved.

4. Re: Titan Tours, California and the Golden West...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about California Desert