We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LBI or Ocean City in 2010???

Montague, New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LBI or Ocean City in 2010???

We are finally getting everyone in the family on board with doing a week house rental & are debating where. We are all from Northern NJ. It will be my Mom & each of my siblings with spouses & kids. Kids will be 6 mos, 2, 3, 4 & 7.

Over the past few years I always ended up in LBI since that's where some friends always go. But my Mom is suggesting Ocean City for our trip.

Thoughts, advice?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LBI or Ocean City in 2010???

My friend has a house in Ocean City. It is truly a family vacation area. I believe they have a boardwalk and acrivities for children. I have heard only good things about Ocean City.It also has a very nice beach.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LBI or Ocean City in 2010???

Both LBI and OC are known as family destinations. You don't mention where on LBI you stay and since some townships/boroughs on LBI are very different from each other, I don't want to generalize. But I will...

OC has a very family friendly boardwalk, known to be popular and with many attraction geared toward the ages of your kids. Ocean City is a dry town, so there is no alcohol served, sold or bringing your own to restaurants in OC. OC is more built up than some sections of LBI and parking is more of an issue on some blocks.

LBI has several different communities from lovely (primarily residential) areas such as North Beach and Loveladies to Beach Haven with more shopping, the water park, Fantasy Island, Surflight Theater etc. Beach Haven also has a lovely historic distric and quieter residential areas well.

OC will be a slightly longer drive as well. You need to decide what activities/type of community you want and plan your vacation accordingly. Both OC and LBI have many happy visitors.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LBI or Ocean City in 2010???

I prefer OC to LBI by far. LBI is beautiful but I prefer OC.

4. Re: LBI or Ocean City in 2010???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 04:16