We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

East Patchogue, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

Hello All--

planning a weekend birthday getaway in July for myself, best friend and our boyfriends. We are all in our early 30's and are looking for someplace close to the beach, with good shopping, bars, and nightclubs-- but that's NOT brimming with with 20-something "snookie" type college kids or too many families with small children. Really want to find a more "grown and sexy" type spot with trendy bars, and a fun, more mature crowd.

Any recommendations on hotels and/or areas of the Jersey Shore would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks!!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

You would probably enjoy Asbury Park. Lots of clubs, nice beach, restaurants, etc.

I can't recommend a hotel since I live in the area, but I've heard good things about The Tides.

There are two hotels on the boardwalk, The Empress (primaily gay clientele) and The Berkeley.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

Asbury would be fun for your group, and along with SusieQQ's recommendations, check out some of the B&B's in the area - Ocean Grove, Asbury Park, Sea Girt, Avon. They will probably require a 2-night minimum in July. Other options are The Bungalow at Pier Village in Long Branch, and the Blue Bay Inn in Atlantic Highlands. Both are close to the beach, bars, restaurants, and tons of other stuff to do.

Have fun, LuvBreezes

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

I agree with the above suggestions, but would add the Jersey shore is a long stretch, so if you’re willing to go farther south you might find a good deal with “a fun more mature crowd” in the Atlantic City area: Great free beach, 24 hour bars & clubs, even outlet shopping!

www.atlanticcitynj.com/

www.achotelexperts.com/index.html

funnewjersey.com/upload_user/NJ_BEACHES_SHOR…

I also suggest checking around Cape May, as you may see everything you need there also.

Have a Happy Birthday celebration & please share back after to let us know how you did.

NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

I agree that Atlantic City would be better. Something for everyone. Great eating options, shopping goes from high end to outlet and you can relax on the beach or the pool at your hotel.

Asbury Park, although fun, it's still a little rough around the edges. AC is a better bet.

Enjoy.

new jersey
Level Contributor
929 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

Good suggestions here, and agree that AC may be your better option above Asbury Park (especially if you are looking for higher end clubs).

If you do stay in Asbury, there is a nice Outlet in Tinton Falls(just outside of Asbury) that has a good choice of shopping.

6. Re: Fun with Friends-- a recommendation please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:17