We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When calling about reservation-be prepared

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Topic
When calling about reservation-be prepared

This is a statement not question, those who know me on here, know I post from the opposite side of the fence, as someone who lives and works in a vacation area. New "rant", well not rant, but would be helpful when you are booking your reservation or calling to ask questions, please have your confirmation number at the ready and/or credit card. SERIOUSLY, you are calling me to make a payment on your reservation. You have no clue what the reservation number is, ok, what is the name its under or date you are coming-GIVE me something. So I finally locate it. You want to make a payment, okay I am ready. THEN YOU SAY "HOLD ON WHILE I GET MY CARD!" Are you kidding me-you knew ahead of time you needed your credit card and you didn't have it out and ready! People never cease to amaze me. Just my day yesterday, thought I would post about it.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,436 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When calling about reservation-be prepared

Hart1, I sympathize w/you and all those like you who work in a customer service industry, just keep the smile on!!!

Hope today is better!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When calling about reservation-be prepared

hart1, my offer still stands. Take good care.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When calling about reservation-be prepared

Thanks-already see the writing on the wall, busy summer means "lost" guests and irritable travlers.

1. KNOW where you check in-KNOW how to program GPS with correct zip codes/city, whatever your piece of equipment needs. STOP CALLING ME AT 10pm at night telling me you can't find the office-READ YOUR CONFIRMATION (if booked online) or LISTEN TO US WHEN WE TELL YOU WHERE TO CHECK IN (when calling on phone)

2. THINGS happen. If you are booking thru a rental agent and not a hotel, you could possibly have to change units. Homeowners change rental agencies, take it totally off the rental market (because they don't like the damage/wear and tear) or the units go into foreclosure either thru the bank or homeowners association. If a homeowner does not pay his monthly fees the association can lock them out, or turn off power/water/cable. We are not always aware of that situation until it happens. WHAT that means is you will be given alternative accomodations. We try very hard to keep you in same complex, same kind of unit, BUT its not always possible. Busy summer season at almost full capacity, sometimes we have to move you to another location altogether. WE HATE IT as much as you do. SO screaming at us won't get you anywhere and threatening to get a lawyer is about the stupidest thing you can say. YOU are not buying the place, so you don't have a contract promising you that specific room. REALLY, is it you think we sit around and try to find ways to make people mad. HARDLY.

4. Re: When calling about reservation-be prepared

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:42
Get answers to your questions about Coastal South Carolina