We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My question is..

varese
Level Contributor
184 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
My question is..

Hi !! for my third time in the USA I'm planning/dreaming a road trip from Atlanta, pick up the car and then go to Greenville, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Bulls Island and Seabrook Island or Isle of Palms ..Ashley river Road, Charleston, Edisto Island, Beaufort, Hunting Island, Hilton Head Island, Savannah and back to Atlanta..12/13 days..I'll see there's a lot of thing to look at and to do..but my question is.. Are there many mosquitos?!?

Thank you !!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My question is..

When are you traveling? Mosquitos will be particularly noticeable in warm weather, especially following a period of rain.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My question is..

That's a lot in 2 weeks.

varese
Level Contributor
184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My question is..

In May .. is a good month? or it would be too warm ? My husband hates mosquitos..

I'm from Italy..I know my plan is ambitious..but we are free to change it while travelling..sorry for my not so good English..

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My question is..

May is a lovely month to make this trip. If you are traveling early in the month, the air temperatures should be mild and the mosquitos not so bad. However, anyone who is sensitive to insect bites would be wise to use repellents.

varese
Level Contributor
184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My question is..

That's true !!

Thank you for your answer

As soon as I've my holidays confirmed, if I decide to come to visit your amazing South Carolina, I'll re-contact you here to plan my dream trip..

I've visited Florida in 2009 and Nevada / New Mexico in 2011..and I miss American People kindness and the beautiful places you've got!!

Thank you so much!!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My question is..

Your English is better than my Italian. :) Enjoy your trip.

varese
Level Contributor
184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My question is..

Thank you for your kindness..

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My question is..

Ciao Varese,

12 or 13 days is a good amount of time, and you planned a lot of stops. Some of the stops in my opinion may not be as of much interest to you or may only require a shorter amount of time. My suggestion is that you do the following route:

Day 1 Atlanta (arrive in the afternoon, stay overnight)

Day 2 Atlanta to Asheville, NC

Day 3 Asheville, NC

Day 4 Asheville, NC

Day 5 Asheville to Charleston (stopping in Greenville and Charleston along the way)

Day 6 Charleston (downtown historic district)

Day 7 Charleston (Ashley River Rd)

Day 8 Charleston (Bulls Island)

Day 9 Charleston (extra day)

Day 10 Charleston to Beaufort & Hunting Island

Day 11 Beaufort to Savannah

Day 12 Savannah

Day 13 Savannah to Atlanta, fly back

Asheville is a beautiful town in the mountains of North Carolina that is known for its arts, its good food and beer, and Biltmore Estate, the largest home in the United States. Greenville is an attractive community but can be explored in a day. Columbia has the state house building and an excellent zoo, but is not the best attraction in the state. Charleston is really the best spot on your trip and deserves the most time. Beaufort is very attractive and can be explored in a day or two (see link here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g54135-c137780/Beaufort:South-Carolina:1.Day.In.Beaufort.html) Savannah is nice, but not as big as Charleston.

varese
Level Contributor
184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My question is..

Thank you very much !!!! amanzing Trip...

I memo your suggestion and if I'll come I'll re contact you for details

Thanx

10. Re: My question is..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:19