We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady Jane Shrimping and georgia beaches

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
327 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lady Jane Shrimping and georgia beaches

Has anyone done the Shrimp tour on the Lady Jane? It looks fascinating to see what they drag up . .and is there a season thats best for it?

We're considering it on our way to Florida in early August . . but have never been in that area ..

Also, What town/area do I want for a beach stay of 1 or 2 nites?

thanks for any help

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
689 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lady Jane Shrimping and georgia beaches

You will really enjoy the Lady Jane. I have been on the tour twice with my family. You will be happy you went. As far as I know, there is no season just all year, but check with them. And enjoy the steamed shrimp on board. I would recommend Saint Simons Island for your overnight. It and Jekyll Island are the nearest to Lady Jane (which is in Brunswick on the mainland). Jekyll has nicer beaches but is more laid back. Saint Simons beach is East Beach so you might want to stay near there.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,346 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lady Jane Shrimping and georgia beaches

LOVED the trip on the Lady Jane! It was like three trips in one - 1) a sunset cruise through the marshes 2) fascinating science lessons as they opened up the nets on the stainless table and talked about the marine life and let kids (and adults) hold the amazing marine life (which are returned to the sea) and 3) a shrimp boil - tasty shrimp to eat that they cooked while we cruised. A+ adventure and experience

Edited: 20 June 2012, 03:44
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lady Jane Shrimping and georgia beaches

We just did it last week. I was a bit skeptical at first but can honestly say it was great for all ages. The kids on our tour were ecstatic the entire time, and the adults learned a lot from the marine biologist as well as the crew. Well worth it, if you ask me, and a great way to see the marshes. I'd recommend bringing your own beverages.

4. Re: Lady Jane Shrimping and georgia beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 16:15