We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Tree Farm

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Tree Farm

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good Christmas tree farm in NH? We'd be willing to drive up and spend the weekend.

Thanks

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

There are two very nice tree farms in Bethlehem, NH both within about five minutes of each other - one is the Rocks Estate which is associated with the Society for the Protection of NH Forests http://www.therocks.org and the other is Finnegan's Fine Firs http://www.finnegansfinefirs.com/.

I used to get my trees at the Rocks Estate but the last couple of years the trees have been pretty small and a bit pricey....went over to Finnegans and they have a great selection, nice gift shop, and a good selection of wreaths, roping and sprays...

In addition to the trees, you'll have the beauty of the mountains, some great holiday shopping up in Littleton, NH which has an absolutely awesome Main Street with oodles of fine shopping.

I'd suggest staying in Franconia...probably with some of the best mountain views and quaint village setting that you'll find anywhere in the Whites....check out the lodging here at Tripadvisor and there are a couple of top-rated motels to choose from...

Happy Harvesting....

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Thanks for the great information. I ran into the same thing at my tree farm last year. The trees were really small. I guess that happens to all farms eventually.

Lake Winnipesaukee...
Level Contributor
33 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Are you just looking for a place to buy a tree, or are you looking for a working farm bed and breakfast kind of thing?

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Here in the southwest corner there are several tree farms and several bed and breakfasts to stay at. It's a great way to spend a weekend getting into the Christmas spirit. Combine that with some shopping at local craft fairs, and maybe a concert and you will definitely be in the spirit of the season.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

I was looking for a tree farm to cut down a tree. I prefer to buy my trees that way instead of the trees that come on the truck from Canada or wherever. I would love the experience of some shopping and then getting the tree the next day and heading home. I am about 2 hours from the NH border.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Littleton is a great little town to shop ... Chutter's is the Guiness Book World Record holder for the longest candy counter - a very cool site...has over a dozen different fudges to try...and some very unique gifts...the Village Book Store has an awesome kids section downstairs and a very diverse local and NH section for the adults...the Littleton Grist Mill is an actual working grist mill wherein you can descend into the basement to view the inner workings of the working grist mill which grinds it's own brand of organic flour - many local restaurants use the local products from the mill in their recipes. There's an awesome covered bridge spanning the Amonoosuc River...some great downtown restaurants. Also there is a League of NH Craftsmen store adjacent to the bookstore with spectacular works of craftsmanship. Numerous jewelry and gift shops in the area that are very boutique in nature. Some of the finest dining in the state can be had at some of the local inns...Sugar Hill Inn, Beal House Inn, and the Franconia Inn are all top shelf....

Lake Winnipesaukee...
Level Contributor
33 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Here's a website that lists a bunch of places. FYI, the photo is of Meredith.

http://www.yuletideatthelakes.org/trees.html

Also check out

http://www.nh-vtchristmastree.org/choose.php

I have gone to Evergreen Ridge Tree Farm in New Durham pretty much my whole life. They, like lots of other places, have a small gift shop (VERY small, in their garage) and serve free spiced cider. There's not a lot to do in New Durham, but it's not far from Concord or Dover or Laconia, if you wanted to look for some kid-friendly stuff to do the day before or something like that.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Thanks everyone for the great response.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

Check this site:

pickyourownchristmastree.org/NHxmastrees.php

It'll give you tips and on it they also stress to call first and ask your questions then instead of driving all the way up to find out they don't have them or if they had a bad season growing them, or they could even be closed, so make sure you call them first. There's one in Litchfield, NH called McQuesten Farm that's supposed to be very good. You'll see the various ones on this particular site.

10. Re: Christmas Tree Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:19