We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lincoln

East Moline...
Level Contributor
92 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
lincoln

Me and my husband are going to NH in the fall. I have finally decided I want to stay in Lincoln. Looking for recommendations on places to stay. Would prefer a bnb but would consider staying at a resort. Would like to find a place that would offer package deals. We are staying 5-7 nights. Also, what are the closest airports to fly into in that area? We will be flying in from Moline, IL. Also, would like check out Portsmouth, what is the distance between Lincoln and Portsmouth. Could it be a day trip there?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lincoln

The nearest airport is Manchester.

Portsmouth as a day trip would be possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's probably about two hours each way.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 19:36
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lincoln

Really don't keep track of prices and packages but the major websites will have them as they appear. Not a lot of deals in fall especially on weekends.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lincoln

Do Portsmouth as an overnight. It is a great town with a lot to do day and night. There are some B&Bs and inns in downtown, and also several nice hotels - Sheraton, Hilton Garden Inn, and one or two others (I forget which they are).

Ditto on Manchester. Flying from Moline, you might do better to drive to Midway and get a direct non-stop flight to Manchester for cheap money. That will be by and far your best deal. If I remember, Moline is an hour or two to Chicago?

There are a bunch of inns, B&Bs and similar feeling hotels/motels in Lincoln/Woodstock. The Woodstock Inn is very nice. Even if you don't stay there, I do recommend the food and the beer. They brew their own and all their varieties are very tasty. Food menu is broad, reasonably priced, and tasty. Never had a bad meal there.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lincoln

We stayed at Loon Mtn resort outside of Lincoln. We got in on time share. Not sure of rentals there, but nice place.

Edited: 19 March 2012, 22:23
5. Re: lincoln

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:40