i have been researching for weeks now and getting nowhere please help
we have 4 days to stay near the white mountains (so we can also pop over the border to the north east kingdom of vermont too on a long day out)
29th sep to 3rd october
looking for the following for a couple aged 41 and 39 who like wildlife and gentle walks and most of all scenic drives for the fall away from mad crowds and traffic!
1) away from bigger towns and 100% away from shopping outlets and the like
2) off the beaten track to some degree (prefer small villages, we did montana and wyoming last year and stayed in cooke city, philipsburg, mammoth hot springs, virginia city and whitefish all small but amazing )
3) somewhere that has maybe a population of between 1,000 and 3,000 at most
4) an inn, motel, lodge hopefully walkable to a couple of restauarnts for 2 of the nights after sightseeing but anythin considered
5) budget up to $175 per night
looked at the likes of littleton, gorham etc but anywhere with a subway and kfc are a no no!!
was tinking of franconia,, bethlehem, whitefield, north woodstock but any help most welcome as know nothing about any of them as from the UK
any help would be fab......
paul and susan