We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any day trips to The Hamptons from NY without shopping?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Any day trips to The Hamptons from NY without shopping?

I will be coming to NYC in 10 days time.

I'd love to do a day trip to the Hamptons from Manhattan but it seems that all of the bus tours from Manhattan seem to do a detour to shopping outlets.

I have no interest in any shopping outlets and would rather have more time at the The Hamptons and Sag Harbor as it seems they all visit Sag Harbour and the Hamptons on their tours.

I've looked at the Hampton Jitney schedule but I'm confused as to whether you can hop on and off the bus and rejoin in order to see more of the sites.

Ideally I'd love to have a nice lunch somewhere and take in the sites and see the beautiful mansions.

I did see there was a link posted on another question with details of a guy who conducts tours but the link wasn't empty.

Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any day trips to The Hamptons from NY without shopping?

That guy has moved and to my knowledge there are no other tours witout the malls.. You could do this on your own using train or Jitney to get you to the Hamptons and then taxi to get from one village to the other. There is Jitney service to Sag Harbor (no train) but there's more frequent service to Bridgehampton. Best village for seeing mansions near th. Jitney stop is East Hampton. The Jitney is not used for getting from village to village.

2. Re: Any day trips to The Hamptons from NY without shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16